•James x Reader (Requested)

♡𝙹𝚊𝚖𝚎𝚜 𝚡 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛
.

・゜-: ✧ :-
Requested by: FandomGal_Me
Type: One-Shot
⚠Platonic! Not Romance!<3

・゜-: ✧ :- Requested by: FandomGal_MeType: One-Shot⚠Platonic! Not Romance!<3

Key words: Y/N = Your name
L/N = Last name

Pokémon Team: Snorlax, Paras.

Pronouns used: She/Her, feel free to change it to your preferred pronoun while reading if you're not using this pronouns. Hope you enjoy! <3

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚***•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

On the middle of a certain summer night, the only sounds coming from the peaceful grassy area was not only the crickets singing, but also a person sobbing?

James couldn't sleep. He tossed and turned a dozen of times, but the attempt to sleep was in vein. So, without waking up his team, he quietly got outside of the tent he was in and now he was in the middle of a field, watching a girl, who seemed to be in Team Rocket, crying under a tree with a snorlax and paras beside her.

He wanted to help. Really. He doesn't know why, but maybe comforting someone wasn't a bad idea?

"Uhm" He cleared his throat grabbing the girl's attention "h-hey, are you okay? Why are you crying over here?"

The girl looked upto his tall figure hovering over onto her.

That's when James observed her face which was clearly visible thanks to the moon shining on top.

Her H/C hair was messy, the E/C eyes was red and tears were falling from it. He puffy cheeks was wet due to tear, and she had a scar on her cheek. There was bags under her eyes. Maybe she didn't slept for a long time?

The girl quickly wiped her tears away and mumbled a "yeah" in a shaky voice and tried to get up but James stopped her and sat beside her

"You're a team rocket grunt like me, so what happened? You can share your trouble with me if you want to"

The girl broke down into tears again as she started to vent her problems to James

"I couldn't do anything on my own, I tried my best to please boss, I did everything he asked for, even risked my life to fulfil his wishes, but still I failed and failed and failed. I couldn't bring him any pokémons, I couldn't do any job without disappointing him, my Pokémons aren't strong like me either, we can't fight, we can't do anything. I stayed up for days and weeks to come up with a plan to get this certain pokemon boss has his eyes on, but again, I failed" The girl said as her voice started to crack while tears couldn't stop streaming down her eyes "All I ever wanted was to make him happy, but all be said to me today was that I was useless, worthless, a disappointment. My Paras was nothing, it could be burnt easily and defeated. My snorlax was weak and it took forever to attack. That's what he said. But why can't he see how hard we struggle to improve?"

"Stop" He looked up on the sky and closed his eyes "your doing everything to impress boss, from risking your life to overworking yourself."

She looked at him confusedly as did her pokémons

"It's important to remember that everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses, and that it's not healthy for you to put so much pressure on yourself to show boss that how great you are. It's okay to not be perfect, no one is perfect. Everyone makes mistakes, it's not only you, but me...me and my friends too. We're just like you, but of course, different in many ways, we also try to please boss, by doing our best even if he doesn't care, but we don't over work and hurt our healths. We break tons of rules and have fun in our own ways while working....even if we ultimately end up failing miserably hehe"

He chuckled before looking at you. "You're doing great. You shouldn't give up but you should also take care of yourself. You're great in your own ways, maybe boss doesn't see that, but you and your pokémons are perfect in your own ways" He said getting up "get some rest, eh? I'm sure you will one day catch boss' attention and be promoted. I'm sure of it! Uhhh"

The girl looked at him with her mouth slightly opened as she watched the stranger in admiration "Y/N! It's Y/N!"

"Yeah! I'm sure you will do great Y/N! I'm James by the way---- ahh! I gotta sleep before the sun rises! It's already late!!" He panicked "I'll see you around! Make sure to take care of yourself! Bye!"

Y/N laughed as he ran away panicking "maybe....maybe we should finally get some rest too? Huh? Guys?" Paras and Snorlax immediately nodded and roared in happiness. "Let's go guys..."

'Maybe....maybe we aren't too bad...its just boss who fails to understand us...let's show him what we're capable of and steal the spotlight one day!'