Part three - dad

Anthony's POV:

She looks so small.

She fell asleep just after Charlie finished making sure her iv drip was in place and her wrist band for her head rate and tracker was secure before she finally curled into a smaller ball and stopped moving.

"She'll be okay," Luciano says standing beside me as we look at her small frame tucked in the bed sheets, "once she realises she's with you again she can only get better," he says nudging me softly with his elbow.

"How did she trust you so fast?" Dad asks quietly from the doorway, "..she doesn't.. she didn't have much choice for me carrying her, as there's not too many ramps around.. I felt bad as she's scared of me but I hope she understands and doesn't hate me for it." Luciano says also quietly as he looks back to Ella.

She won't hate him. She's too forgiving.

"Will she be scared of me..?" I blurt out accidentally and everyone looks at me as I shut my eyes tightly realising my mistake, "once she recognises you she might.." Luciano starts and my heart stings in pain at the thought of her not recognising me or trusting me. It's all I want. All I want is my daughter to love and trust me and all I want is to love and trust my daughter.

What if she never trusts me and then never wants to get to know me again? What if she's scared of me and never hugs me or holds my hand again? What if she never speaks to me again.?

"-just know she's been through a lot and probably won't trust anyone completely for a bit.. but.. with how close you two were before hopefully she will trust you again quickly,"

Hopefully

"-and know it might take time, she's very polite and with whatever's happened she was still patient and kind to me and luci which shows who she is as a person. She's still there Anthony but just needs support to be more herself again." Vittoria says from beside dad while I look down at the floor.

"Give her time and patience and show her she can trust you and I'm sure she will love you just as much." Vittoria finishes as Charlie walks back in from the toilet, "just set up all of her medications, I have a small diary for you two to fill out for each day so you don't forget to take them and what amounts. -Obviously I'm gonna be checking too but it's just to help keep track of it all.." he says looking between us all while dad clears his throat.

"Let's leave her be then." Dad says as he turns and begins his way down back to the kitchen, everyone slowly follows except me. I look down at the floor before I hear my name. Looking up I see Luciano looking at me concerned, "she might not wake up for a bit, let's go downstairs and talk? Hm?" I look back at my daughter's sleep figure before looking back to Luciano and shaking my head.

"I'll stay, thank you," he nods and swiftly catches up to everyone else as I'm left in silence. Taking my phone out of my pocket I open the app to check Ella's wrist band.

It's something Nick got from somewhere to track where she is and what her heart rate is and so on, it's linked to an app on all of our phones and it's on the only thing I've been watching since Luciano put it on her when they got to the plane 11 hours ago.

'Last reported readings for Ella Rose: blood sugars: low, blood pressure: low, notes: none.

updated last: 9:45 Saturday 9th September by Charlie Rose

Live stats: 48bpm, location: Rose Family Home, America.'

I sigh and lean against the doorway as I re-read the words.

"She can only get better," I repeat in my head as I turn to look at her, "she can only get better," I walk over to her side of the bed a kneel beside her, my heart hurts as I see what I wish I had hallucinated.