Part six - games and good news

Ellas POV:

8.. 9.. 10.. 11..

I count in my head as I play flappy bird on dads phone. We're in the kitchen and it's 11 am, Friday.
Me, dad, dads dad and Emily are all in the kitchen planning on what to do today.

Dad's determined to get me to a new room- probably the games room, but there's only one small problem with that. No one here knows how to work the consoles. Personally I know how to work the x-box 360 because that's what Lauren's brother owned and let us play on when he was away at college and so on, but I don't think they own an 18 year old gaming console- not in this house.

"You know.. I think it's that pt- five or whatever, I think Alex got it for the twins birthday a couple months back," dads dad says as dad snorts a small laugh, "you mean the ps five?" He asks as Stefano shrugs, "whatever,"

"-what about the library?" Emily asks turning away from the pan of sizzling bacon, "and do what? read a book?" Stefano asks closing his phone and looking to Emily as she scoffs, "don't sass me. But maybe we can play a board game or a card game- something that can get us to think,"

She says as we all look to each other while Emily goes back to putting the bacon onto the plate where now all of the other food sits and waits as dad speaks up, "what do you think Ella?" He asks as I look to him and nod before resting my tired head on his shoulder.

"I think that's a yes," he says as Stefano laughs softly.

I tap the fancy wood and resin table as dad hold the cards in front of me as they all play a card game, they're half way through and only didn't give me my own cards as I fell asleep on the way here.

So right now, as dad, Emily and Stefano play whatever card game they are playing I only admire the large circular shaped mystery wood and black resin table- similar to the ones I can remember watching on some social media- which matches the dark aesthetic of the library. The huge library.

When Emily first said about going to their own library in this house I thought it would be cute and small with a few books and a nice area to read- No- this library with dark oak and two stories- one of which acting as a cool balcony looking over a cool seating area where we are right now playing cards at the main table, is huge.

There's a double door that acts as an entrance that enters to three cool tables, the main big circle one and two rectangular tables that mirror one another. Also accompanying the fancy tables is some regular chairs and a couple sofas and armchairs decked out in blankets and pillows matching the dark and pretty aesthetic of the tables. Then not to mention the large two-storey book-library area filled with many, many books all alphabetically organised along with what kind of book it is- academic, fiction, nonfiction, fantasy and so on.

As Stefano picks the last card he sighs and puts it back down- a four- dad said the aim of the game was to get the lowest score possible with all of your cards in your hand, with dad's highest card being a five I don't think we've done very well.

"Okay Anthony, you reveal first!" Emily laughs as she excitedly waits to reveal her cards, "yeah, yeah, a five, a three, two twos and a king." He sighs as he shows them the cards while they both smirk at each other competitively.

In total, 12.

"Your go Emily," dads dad says as Emily giggles, "three aces and two kings," she smiles sweetly as stefanos smile falls, "shit," he sighs as he shows everyone his two twos, ace and two kings.

"Another round boys?" Emily laughs as she begins to shuffle all of the cards as dad and dads dad sigh, dad pulls me closer to him on his lap and places his chin on the crown of my head as Emily starts handing out cards, "Ella do you want to join?" She asks as as pauses and looks to me.