Chapter Sixteen

The Great Hall was in a golden light, every noble of the realm had donned their best finery and filled the room. Enora sat beside Viserys as the entrance of the Noble Houses of the Seven Kingdoms was announced. Music played as everyone but the Royal Family mingled. Rhaenyra sat on the other side of the King, sneaking glances towards where Alicent sat beside her sister. As both the Queen's sister and a wad of the crown, Viserys had allowed the young girl to sit with the royal family.

"House Lannister with their Lord, Jason Lannister. Lord Paramount of the west and Master of Casterly Rock" Ser Harrold announced, as a group dressed all in red and gold entered the Great hall and bowed before the Royal family. Jason Lannister stepped up to the table as the rest of his family went to find their seats.

"Congratulations, Your Grace. You have made a fine match for the Princess." Lord Jason spoke, only addressing the King, as if Rhaenyra and Enora weren't sitting in front of him.

"Thank you, Lord Jason." Rhaenyra thanked the arrogant man. "I could think of no better man than Ser Laenor."

"Well," Lord Jason looked around the room. "If this is only the welcome feast, I admit , I cannot imagine what you might have planned for the wedding."

"Well my daughter is the future Queen. I wanted this to be a wedding for the histories."

Upon hearing the word Queen, Lord Jason turned his attention to Enora, eyeing the neckline of her gown. "You look lovely this evening, Your Grace."

"Thank you, Lord Jason." Enora smiled, turning to her husband and laying a hand on his bicep. "My husband picked out this dress. He just adores me in red."

Visery glared at the man before him. Rhaenyra, feeling sick at the way he looked at her stepmother, decided to dismiss him. "Your presence is always such a pleasure, Lord Jason."

"Princess, Your Graces." Thankfully the man go the hint and quickly walked away.

"Your Graces, Princess Rhaenyra, congratulations are in order." Lord Royce spoke, rudely stepping in front of the Hightowers.

"We are very honored to have you as a guest, Ser Gerold." Viserys replied. "I must say, I was most distressed to hear of the Lady Rhea's tragic passing. I'm very sorry for your loss."

"Lady Rhea was a unique character. Her kind is not soon to be seen again." The man spoke, pain clear in his voice.

"If there is anything the Crown might do to aid House Royce in this tragic time, do not hesitate to ask." Enora smiled at the man, she knew the pain of losing a loved one well. She would no doubt feel the pain again soon, she thought as she glanced at her husband.

"Thank you, Your Grace. There was something I wished to ask-" The sound of drumming interrupted Ser Gerrold as everyone scrambled to find their seats.

"Lord Corlys of House Velaryon." Ser Harrold announced.as the doors opened and in walked the members of House Velaryon. "Lord of the Tides, Master of Driftmark. And his lady wife, Princess Rhaenys Targaryen. And their son and heir Ser Laenor Velaryon, the future King Consort."