Chapter Twenty

Following their return to the Red Keep, Enora had gone back to focusing her energy on preparing for Unwin and his wife's visit. The Queen kept busy trying to ignore the memories of the night after Laena's funeral. Though in the dead of night, when she tried to sleep she could hear the boy's screams and wails as he was dragged to his death. Even Viserys' snores from beside her couldn't drown out the sound of Addam begging and pleading for his life.

Enora felt wrong for feeling guilty over the boy's death, everyone else in her family seemed to be moving on. Even Aemond acted as if nothing had happened, he had thrown himself into training with the blade and flying through the sky on Vhagar's back. Though she knew he mourned his eye and innocence.

Now the Royal family lined up on the steps of the Keep as a carriage pulled up. Enora felt as if her body was thrumming with excitement. She had missed her eldest son, it felt as if a part of her had been missing since Unwin had left.

"Lord Unwin Peake, Lord of Starpike, Dustonberry, and Whitegrove, eldest son of the Queen and his wife, Lady Galene of Myr." A knight announced as Unwin exited the carriage, gone was the lanky sixteen year old Enora had last seen, in his place stood a large young man.

Unwin turned back to the carriage's doorway, offering his hand to his wife. A beautiful young woman with the typical Myrish olive skin and curly dark brown hair exited the carriage. She looked around in wonder as Unwin escorted her closer to his family.

"My King, my Queen." Unwin bowed in greeting, his wife rushed to follow suit and curtsy.

As he stood back up, Enora rushed down the steps, crashing into her son's arms. The young man melted into his mother's embrace, both wrapping their arms tightly around each other. Enora pulled back cupping Unwin's face in her hands.

"How I have missed you" Tears welled in her eyes as she stared at her oldest son.

"I've missed you too." Unwin placed his hands over Enora's, lowering them from his face. "Mother, I would like to introduce you to Galene, my wife."

"It is an honor, Your Grace" Galene dropped into a deep curtsy, wanting to make a good impression on her husband's mother. "Thank you for allowing us to visit."

"Nonsense, my dear, we are family." Enora smiled at the young woman, before motioning to the rest of her family still standing on the steps. "Shall I make introductions or has Unwin told you enough that you might already know."

"Unwin has not given me any descriptions that I might be able to identify everyone, only names and stories "

Enora took the young woman's hand in her own and escorted her to the steps of the Red Keep, introducing her good daughter to her family.

★・・・・・・★

The Royal family had moved to Enora's chambers, filling the room. Unwin stood by the window speaking to Helaena, Ilaria stood close to her brother having missed him. On the other side of the room Galene was speaking to Rhaenyra and Alicent, cooing over Joffrey in Alicent's arms. Harwin, Laenor and Daemon stood nearby, debating who was the best with the blade. Aemond, Daeron, Harrald, Lawsen and Daemon's twins sat on the floor giggling about Seven knows what. Even Aegon seemed to be enjoying the time spent with his family. Though he rolled his eyes and tried to seem annoyed, Enora could see the beginnings of a smile on his lips.

Viserys sat beside his wife, smiling as he looked out on his happy family. He was eternally grateful for Enora, she had taken him at his lowest and loved him through his grief. She had met Rhaenyra's anger with never ending warmth and love, Viserys still didn't understand how she had won over his daughter. But she had, building a friendship with his heir on respect and love.

He pondered his wife's words from the night of Laena's funeral. Noticing the glances and hidden smiles between Rhaenyra and his brother. Viserys had always known the two were close, but he had assumed it would fade. That Daemon would just use his daughter and leave her brokenhearted. Perhaps he had been wrong, maybe there was true love between the two.

"You are correct." Viserys spoke, causing Enora to turn to him.

"That is usually the case, but what am I right about this time, my love?"

"Rhaenyra and Daemon."

"I'm glad you finally see sense, you should write to the High Septon tonight and request the annulment. The sooner the better, we have a wedding to plan." Enora kissed Viserys' cheek, looking at him with a heart full of love.

AN: Just a short chapter before everything gets sad.

-ELE