Chapter Nineteen

House Targaryen had quickly descended onto Driftmark upon receiving news of Lady Laena Velaryon's death

House Targaryen had quickly descended onto Driftmark upon receiving news of Lady Laena Velaryon's death. After the funeral, the guests were invited to socialize on a balcony jutting out of the cliffside. Enora stood beside her husband as he sat under a pavilion overlooking the crowd, searching for her children. Finally spotting a head of frizzy white hair, Enora excused herself.

Finding Aegon, Aemond, Daeron, and Ilaria watching as their sister knelt on the ground, no doubt playing with an insect she had found.

"Children," Elowen spoke, interrupting whatever conversation the four had been having. "You should go offer your condolences to Lady Laena's daughters, Rhaena and Baela. They are in need of companionship."

"Must we mother," Aegon whined, taking another sip from the goblet in his hands.

"Dont whine, Aegon. It's unbecoming of a Prince." Ilaria chastised her brother, snatching the cup from his hands.

"Ilaria is in charge," Enora smiled at her eldest daughter. "And no more wine, Aegon."

With that the Queen ushered her children away, towards the grieving twins. She watched as Aegon attempted to follow a servant girl carrying more goblets, but Ilaria grabbed him and pulled him along. Enora could only imagine how much Aegon was whining and pleading to be let go. Aegon yanked his arm from Ilaria's grasp and vanished into the crowd causing Ilaria to give chase.

Though Aemond, ever the diligent son, followed his mother's commands and went to stand by the two girls. No words were exchanged as one of the twins took hold of Aemond's hand. Satisfied that someone was offering the young girls comfort, Enora turned away spotting a head of white hair covered by a black veil.

"Princess Rhaenys," Enora caught the older woman's attention. "I am so sorry for your loss."

"Thank you, Your Grace."  Rhaenys smiled sadly, her eyes devoid of emotion.

"If there is anything me or my husband can do, please do not hesitate to ask."

"I need nothing from you. Now if you'll excuse me." Enora watched as Princess Rhaenys knelt before her granddaughters and pulled the girls into a hug. Aemond stepped aside to give the two some privacy before a distant roar was heard.

The click of a cane hitting the ground, alerted Enora of her husband's presence. Turning to face the man she had married, Enora smiled. "I'm going to bed, Enora. Will you be joining me?"

"Of course my love, I shall join you soon." Enora placed a kiss on her husband's cheek before letting him pass.

The sun had begun to set, as Enora spoke to Lord Corlys' brother, Ser Vaemond Velaryon. The man spun fascinating tales of his adventures at sea. Enora had been in the midst of laughing at one of his stories when she was shoved forward into Ser Vaemond's chest.