Chapter Eighteen

Viserys had been easy to find, when not ruling the seven Kingdoms or spending time with his children, the King could be found in the chambers he shared with his wife, working on his stone model of Old Valyria. It had been quiet in the room as both Viserys and the Stonemaester worked silently when Enora had burst into the room.

"Unwin has written, Viserys. The Mother has blessed them, Galene is with child and they wish to have the babe here."

"That is wonderful news my dear," Viserys caught his wife's hand, kissing the soft skin on the inside of her wrist. "We can finally meet the woman that captured Unwin's heart. I know how heartbroken you were that the maester's wouldn't allow you to travel."

"Yes, well, I could have visited after Daeron was born." Enora began pacing the length of the room, her breath quickening as she did so.

"We shall continue tomorrow, Eddard." Viserys dismissed the man, as he stood up and grabbed his wife by the wrist, stopping Enora in her tracks. "The birth was a difficult one, my love, you almost died. You needed time to heal, Enora, You cannot beat yourself up about that."

"I still wish I had been there. It's been six years since I last saw Unwin, I feel as if I abandoned him as my father did me, left alone in that castle to rot and wither away."

"Unwin knows you love him, my dear." Viserys pulled Enora into him, wrapping his arm around her waist as she rested her cheek against the right side of his chest. "Did your father answer your letters when you wrote to him?"

"No." Enora muttered, lifting a hand to fidget with Viserys' necklace.

"You are not your father, you are so much better. You are everything he isn't, everything he could have hoped to be. You are a wonderful mother, a loving parent, and a caring sister. You are Queen of the Seven Kingdoms, you are more powerful and loved than Otto Hightower could ever be."

"Thank you, my love." Enora pulled back slightly, looking up at the man she loved.

"Now let us send a raven to Starpike, and begin preparing for Unwin's return." Viserys kissed his wife's cheek.

The royal couple were interrupted by a knock at their door and a King's Guard entering the room, Aemond sulked after him. Enora gasped upon seeing her middle son covered in soot. Rushing to her son's side, the Queen dropped to her knees before them. "What happened, Aemond? Are you injured?"

"He did it again." Aemond muttered, so quietly that Enora could barely hear.

"Did what, boy?" Viserys asked from over Enora's shoulder.

"Aegon!" The young prince spoke louder, his hands clenched in tight fists by his side. "He ridiculed me."

Relation of what must have happened filled Enora. Aegon had long been playing cruel pranks on his younger brother, teasing the boy for having no dragon of his own. And though Enora and Viserys had tried to stop it, no punishment seemed to work. "That is still no reason to go into the depths of the Dragonpit. You know the dangers."