Chapter thirty-seven

Mumbai

~~~~~~~******~~~~~~~

Anand called out to Shraddha who was eating at the dining table. It was Shraddha he called out to, but Poonam answered before her.

"Don't ignore your health while trying to improve others, Father." Poonam told him.

"Thank you." he said and his eyes paired with Shraddha's. She was looking at him with longing. Beside her, she heard Poonam's silent coughs and she immediately took her eyes away from him. She already felt like shrinking when she learnt she saw them last night. She just hid her flush from her because she didn't want her to stress the discussion. It was embarrassing. She also sat to have breakfast even though she wanted to wait until Anand came so as not to give her another reason to want to hate her more. She just wants them to live happily as a family.

"Can we talk Shraddha? Step outside." he went out.

"Will you follow him now?"

Shraddha shut her eyes briefly. "There's something important to discuss." she looked at her and said with full seriousness. "I hope you'll act your age and not eavesdrop."

"Two days is all you got. Go and live it happily. After those days, even my father won't call for you."

"Don't forget our deal. Respect." Shraddha reminded her as she pushed her chair backwards to get up.

"Okay Mother." she laughed.

The word sounded weird to Shraddha too because it was coming from her. She would have been happy if she said it willingly, however, both of them knew it wasn't genuine. She met with Anand outside. The breeze after the rain was a different kind. The ambience was cold and the mood was moderate.

"Good morning."

"If this morning gets any more good, I will think we've reached the end of the world. So much happiness isn't granted to a person at once like we've been blessed with." he put his hands around her while her face lighted with a cheerful smile.

"I'm very happy today Anand. Poonam and my relationship is improving. We're making an effort to create a bond. Yesterday too, Riddhima drew a family portrait where she included me as her mother. My happiness has no bounds."

"I'm glad to know the kids have accepted you. Although, it is a shock about Poonam. How did she have a sudden change of heart?"

"How shouldn't matter. What matters is she is approving our relationship. Have you taken your medicines?"

"You worry about my health more than I do. Yes I did, and I'm happy it was the last pills." His face geared up with seriousness after his smile vanished. His eyes scrutinized Shraddha's and she wondered in her mind why he was strict suddenly. He engulfed her in an unexpected hug and said.