Chapter 20 - what family is for {Rewritten}

Rimuru POV

As I stepped out of Alduin's office, I made a mental note to keep a close eye on Alduin's progress in breaking the racial barrier. The task ahead was daunting, but I had faith in Alduin and the other. They had accepted my idea wholeheartedly, assuring me that they would do everything in their power to bridge the gap between elves, humans, and dwarves. It was a monumental challenge, but I firmly believed in their abilities and the collective effort that would be put forth.

As I made my way through the bustling halls, my thoughts expanded beyond our immediate surroundings. The issue of racism weighed heavily on my mind, not just within our own realm, but across the entire Earth. The lack of progress toward a more inclusive and accepting society frustrated me to no end. It seemed like an uphill battle, but I reminded myself that change always starts small. It begins with individuals willing to stand up for what is right and work tirelessly toward a better future. Alduin, Gramps, and the others were precisely those individuals.

<Just seeing people like them gives me hope that we can truly eradicate racism,> Sylvia remarked warmly as I walked towards my room.

Indeed, but what bothered me the most was the existence of slaves in this world.<< I said annoyed and a little angry. The idea of enslaving people was one of the things I hated the most, so I completely erased it from the Cardinal's world.

Sylvia listened attentively, her expression reflecting a mix of curiosity and concern. <So, in your previous world, slavery no longer exists?>

I sighed, recalling the changes I had brought about in my previous world. >>While slavery did exist in the past, my world underwent a significant transformation. As we became the most powerful nation, I enacted laws that strictly prohibited slavery. Both the merchants involved in the trade and the buyers faced severe penalties. We were determined to set an example, and being the leading kingdom, our influence was substantial. My friends, who held positions of power, lent their support as well. Together, we became the driving force for change.<<

The memory of my fellow Demon Lords' united stance against slavery filled me with a sense of pride. Luminous, in particular, had issued a proclamation under the name of God Luminous, effectively banning all forms of slavery. This declaration bolstered our efforts and facilitated the abolition of slavery throughout our realm. Of course, there were always those foolish enough to defy the law, but we dealt with them swiftly and decisively, with the combined might of Souei, Ultima, and Carrera.

<It still surprises me what you did, it's not something anyone can do, would you do the same thing in this world?> Sylvia said and understood what she meant right away.

I nodded firmly. >>If I had to do it again, I wouldn't hesitate.<<

The journey of changing the unfair laws and customs of this world will be a challenge that will most likely take a long time. Unlike the Cardinal world, my name is unknown yet and I don't plan to make it known yet, I intend to remain anonymous for the time being and avoid drawing attention from Agrona or Kezess.

Should their intentions impede my path, I knew that I possessed the means to resist them, but at a great cost. Removing the seal that bound my true potential would render my purpose moot, a fate I vehemently sought to avoid, especially in the nascent stages of my quest. My fervent aspirations revolved around effecting change, not through domination, but by illuminating a path towards justice and equality, transcending the boundaries of continents and perhaps even the world itself.

Yet, in the face of potential failure, if Agrona and Kezess persisted in their tyrannical ways, I grappled with the notion of assuming a position of ultimate authority. Reluctantly, I acknowledged that I would undertake whatever necessary measures to safeguard the well-being of my loved ones and all those seeking solace in the embrace of peace and harmony, even if it entailed the cataclysmic act of dismantling the world to forge a new beginning.