Chapter 26 - Negotiation

Third Person POV

"Director Goodsky. Nice to see you again." Both Alice and Tabitha said while bowing a little to the Director.

Lilia followed suit, using her well-practiced bow, "Nice to see you again Director."

Rimuru nodded in agreement and greeted the Director as well. "Director Goodsky, it's an honor to see you again."

"I am also happy to see you again dear, but there is no need for such formality." The Director returned their greetings with a nod of her head before turning her attention back to Arthur. Then she brought it back to Rimuru and then she looked at their mom.

"It looks like both of your sons are a lot alike, I can't feel the mana coming from Arthur," She said addressing Alice before turning back to Arthur. "Can you tell me what stage you are Arthur?"

"I'm at the light red stage," Arthur replied, a sheepish grin on his face. "I'm still working on honing my skills."

"Hmm? I expected you will be in a higher stage," She said as she looked at Arthur thoughtfully and seemed to be thinking something, "Could you possibly have a beast will?"

Arthur was surprised and nodded, "How did you know?"

"It was the only explanation. And considering you weren't with your brother last time but in Elenoir, it was Virion helping you with your beast will." The revelation shocked Helstea's family, who were not privy to this information.

"Let's see a practical demonstration," Director Goodsky suggested, to which Arthur agreed.They all headed towards the backyard, As they walked, Lilia whispered to Rimuru, "Hey Ri, is it true that your brother has a beast will?"

Rimuru nodded, "Yes, it was Sylvie's mother who gave him the will."

"I see, by the way, where's Sylvie?" Lilia asked while looking around for Sylvie.

"Kyu," Sylvie, who had been hiding underneath the dinner table from the unfamiliar human, trotted behind them, causing Director Cynthia to raise an eyebrow.

"Oh my... What a lovely mana beast. I assume it is your contracted beast, Rimuru?" she asked him inquisitively while kneeling down to get a closer view at Sylvie.

"Yeah, she hatched a few months ago. Her name is Sylvie," He simply responded.

"I have to say, while it is common for nobles to buy beasts to contract, I have never seen a mana beast like yours." She reached to pet Sylvie but she was a bit skittish around the strangers so she crawled onto Rimuru's head, seeking a sense of safety.

"Sorry, she's a bit shy around strangers."

"I see. Well enough about her. Let us see what Arthur can do" said the director.

They had arrived at the backyard and everyone took seats, giving Arthur and the Director enough space, Sylvie struggling to escape the grasp of Eleanor, and Rimuru standing up a bit closer to them then everyone else, in case he needed to step in.

"You're not going to use your wand?" Arthur started stretching.

"It isn't very fair of me to be using a weapon when you yourself are empty handed as well, right?" She gave him a wink.

Arthur tilted his head towards the sky, looked up at the sky, and stored somewhere for moments before turning back to look at his brother, who nodded.

With silent assurance from his brother, he turned his attention back to the director, Arthur knew that Cynthia was not someone to be underestimated, he had heard about her from Virion and how she was as strong as him or stronger, even though he knew his brother had defeated her, Rimuru said she wasn't even serious.