Chapter 23 - Sylvie

Rimuru POV

*Crack*

I looked at Sylvia's egg that was about to hatch, perhaps because Art had Activating Sylvia's will, although I could have made it hatch at any time but I decided to wait.

Suddenly a black smoke formed near me, which surprised me as I was thinking why Ciel had come out, but what shocked me was when the smoke cleared to reveal a girl who looked about my age with white hair and purple eyes, who looked like a younger version of Sylvia.

"S-Sylvia?!" I said confused, Ignoring my question, Sylvia took the egg from my hand and waited expectantly. The cracking intensified, and a small black dragon hatchling soon emerged from the egg, looking like a black cat with scales.

*Crack* *Crack*

"Kyu~!"

"So cute!!" Sylvia screamed as she held her daughter, who looked like a black cat with some scales.

"Kyu!" The dragon replied happily as she rubbed her head on her mother's cheek. Sylvia stopped grabbing her daughter and laid her carefully on the bed, now her daughter was sitting on all fours, studying our faces with her head tilted to the side.

Faster than I expected, Sylvia hugged me tightly and I could feel some of her tears running down her cheek, "Thank you Rimuru, really thank you." she said between crying. I didn't speak, I just smiled and patted her head, she was a little shorter than me so her face was on my shoulder.

Suddenly Sylvia hugged me so tightly that I felt pain, "Sylvia? I'm in pain here" She didn't say anything and clenched her fist more, "Sylvia, it hurts! Please let go!" I begged, trying to free myself from her grip.

Finally releasing me, Sylvia's expression turned serious. "Rimuru, we need to talk," she said, her voice tinged with anger. I felt a black aura start to emanate from her.

"What its, Sylvia-san?" I was so nervous that I spoke Japanese and used honorifics, but Sylvia could understand what I said.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier that you could create a body for me?" Sylvia demanded, crossing her arms over her chest.

At that my brain went blank, 'How did she know that?' I thought while trying to think of what was going on right now.

<<......... >>

Ciel's silence was all I needed to know it was her (Ciel) who told her (Sylvia) I don't know why but.

"Rimuru. Can you tell me the truth this time without hiding such things. Please?" Sylvia said, looking a bit desperate.

<<She was hurt when she know that you had hidden something so important from her.>>

>> This wouldn't have happened if you hadn't told her something. <<