Chapter 46 - The First Day Pt.2

Rimuru POV

As I made my way through the bustling hallways of the academy, the weight of numerous gazes bore down on me. The students, their eyes following my every move as I passed by, seemed keenly aware of my presence and uniform.

Navigating my way to the next class, I couldn't help but notice the presence of numerous students who had formed bonds with mana beasts. They were not so impressive, like the student with a small horned rat perched on their shoulder, another boy, seemingly around fifteen years old, was proudly riding atop a majestic giant lizard, his chin held high in defiance. Although I couldn't identify the species of the lizard, one glance at the beast core pulsating with mana energy assured me that it was no less than a C-class mana beast.

Entering the classroom for my next class, I was immediately struck by its unique layout. The room was shaped like a miniature arena, with a central battling platform encased in a shimmering barrier field. Rows upon rows of seats circled around the platform, providing a perfect view for the spectators.

My eyes scanned the room, searching for a familiar face amidst the crowd. Finally, I spotted my younger brother sitting quietly in his seat. With a small smile, I approached him and took the empty seat beside him, giving him a friendly nudge.

"Yo," I greeted him warmly.

His face lit up with recognition as he greeted me back. "Hi, is she here?"

"Yes, she arrived about an hour ago," I replied, sharing in his excitement. "She's already started her training with Cynthia."

"That's great," he said with a thoughtful expression. "By the way, where's Sylvie?"

I shrugged, "Haven't seen her. We got separated earlier, and she closed the bond between us."My brother's smile faltered slightly, concern evident in his eyes. "That's strange. Did something happen?"

I shook my head, dismissing his worry. "No, nothing happened. She's probably just off exploring on her own,"

Just as our conversation reached its peak, a flash of white caught my peripheral vision. I turned to see Sylvie gracefully leaping onto the table in front of us. Her sleek body was adorned in pristine fur, gleaming under the soft glow of the hanging lamp above.

"Where did you run off to, Sylvie?" Art's voice was a mixture of relief and reproach as he extended his hand to give her a gentle pat.

Sylvie's voice resonated in our minds as she replied, 'I've been out exploring.'

I raised an eyebrow in amusement and curiosity, noticing the remnants of food on her delicate face. "What's with the leftover food on your face?"

Sylvie tilted her head in confusion, pawing at her face before realizing the mess. With a sheepish expression, she began to groom herself with delicate strokes of her pink tongue.

"You went to the cafeteria and got some food, didn't you?" I teased, a smile tugging at the corners of my lips.

'N-no! They gave it to me!' Sylvie protested, her voice tinged with guilt and embarrassment.

A mischievous glimmer lit up my eyes as I leaned in closer, adopting a faux serious tone. "I'll have to inform your mothers about this little escapade, then."

Sylvie's eyes widened in panic, her tail twitching nervously as she whined, 'Noooo!'

Before I could continue the playful banter, Art interjected with a chuckle. "Oh, come on, don't be too hard on her."