Chapter 27 - Old Friends Reunion

Rimuru POV

Father went to the Guild Hall to send a letter to his old party members while my mother and Tabitha went shopping, taking Ellie and Lilia along with them. They also asked us to come, but we politely declined the offer to endure the suffering they call a pastime event. Instead, we decided to spend our afternoon doing our own activities. Arthur was focusing on purifying his mana core while I lost myself in a book, completely engrossed in the fictional world.

Suddenly, I heard a familiar voice break through my concentration,<Hello Rimuru,>

I smiled, relieved to finally hear from Sylvia after four months of silence. >>Finally you called me, Sylvia, your daughter has miss you.<<

<Ara, is Sylvie the only one who misses me?> I could almost feel the sneer on Sylvia's face.

>>No, I miss you too,<< I said with a small smile, Sylvia seemed taken aback by my response and blushed a little before continuing.

<Ehm, anyway, I called to tell you that you can come now.> She said trying to change the subject.

>>Okay, I'll tell Art and we'll be there in a bit.<<

<I'll be waiting for you,> Sylvia said before ending the telepathic connection.

Turning to Arthur, who was still expending his energy on cultivating his core, I interrupted him and said, "Hey Art, Sylvia just telepathically contacted me. She said we can go see her now."

Art opened his eyes and grinned, "Finally!"

'Really Papa?! Are we going to see Mama?!!' Sylvie exclaimed with excitement, bouncing up and down in her seat. I could feel her eagerness through our telepathic connection.

'Yes, we're going to see Mama' I reassured my daughter, patting her head affectionately.

"But where will we meet?" Art inquired, looking at Sylvie, who was jumping around happy to see her mom again.

I just chuckled, "You will see." I said with a smile.

We didn't waste much time getting ready and headed towards a mammoth palace that I had previously purchased. Arthur was awestruck by the enormity of the building that stood taller than the Helstea's estate. The moment we walked in, we were greeted by some servants.

"When? How? Why?" Arthur who couldn't contain his curiosity, bombarded me with questions as he looked around.

I understood what he meant and started explaining, "When I first got to Xyrus, I was searching for a mansion that I could buy. With the money We took it from the slavers and other projects, we were finally able to buy this place. I rescued many slaves in my spare time, and we needed somewhere for them to stay. It's like our base, the place we can meet."

Arthur nodded in understanding while continuing to gaze around at the luxurious furnishings and grand decor. "So that's what you were doing when you said you were going to visit Rinia. Was she helping you?"

"Yeah, anyway let's go to the living room Sylvia should be waiting for us there," I said, leading Art towards the living room where Sylvia was already seated on one of the soft, comfortable sofas.

As soon as Sylvie saw her mom she ran to her, 'Mama!'

Sylvia beamed with happiness and hugged her daughter tightly, "Hello, my sweetie. How's my little girl?"

'I missed you, Mama,' Sylvie said, snuggling into her mother's embrace.

"I missed you too, my dear," Sylvia replied, kissing her daughter's forehead. Then she looked at Art who ran to her and hugged her.