Chapter 3: No Hope, Just a Joke

(Raptus' POV)

[Somewhere at a moon crater]

"Took me a while, but it should still be there."

I had arrived after going out, the kid is still asleep surprisingly, considering the moon is on the dark end now.
I position myself between some rocks to get a better view of the other half, so that I don't get seen by one of those things.

"Would you look at that, it still stands. Barely."

From the looks of it, the other half of the ship was torn with holes from last encounter.

"Looks like cannons aren't too crew friendly. Guess I'll get pickin'."

I immediately went near the damn thing, and it reeks of Xeno, blood and sweat. Or in other terms, a mod's bedroom in their parents' basement.
I entered through one of the holes, seeing as the critters also use it as an entryway.

It didn't surprise me that they turned this half of the ship into a hive, I only saw some skeletons, knew a few of them before they perished.

"Oh, there's Padro."

I came across a skeleton, wearing a baseball cap and holding a pistol. I can only assume what he did, and how it ended.

"Guess they lost the game."

I continued to look around before finding a sealed door, just right down the left hall. Where more of the engineers hang out, but I went down there anyway to see what the hell I can find.
If I had a nose, the smell would most likely twist your stomach like a schoolgirl with a tentacle monster.

"Hm, not surprised Phillip was here."

I saw a skeleton, a crumpled five dollar bill and a buzzsaw. Along with a copy of some movie, it was in Russian. But the copy made it obvious it was a bootleg movie.
I eventually stopped by another door, it leads to the garbage disposal.

"If only Chan's career were still here, I'd throw it down there."

I went into the room, being the control room and saw various consoles. But saw the big red button to start everything up.
I did find out that the xenos were using the disposal as some sort of nursery, but didn't know the word for it.
They had their eggs there, but no queen.

"Probably somewhere else on this God forsaken thing. We just need some fire and a crap ton of oil."

[On the other half of the Red Tomb]

(Y/N's POV)

I woke up after my nap, and looked around. I didn't see Raptus anywhere, strangely. Not even a note or something.

"Where'd he go?"

So, I got up and about. Getting curious but also somewhat concerned on his sudden disappearance.
I looked over to the door, where we fought those weird alien things, some bullet casings left over by the turrets. And some blood, or acid.
I got close and fiddled with the little panel and it surprisingly opened up, nothing but pitch darkness in the beyond.

"Someone tell me, I won't get jumped and eaten alive if I go down there."

I didn't bother waiting and immediately ran down there, if Raptus were here, he'd hear a little girl screaming.
But I eventually hit a wall, it knocked the little lamp on the helmet, and I saw what I hit.
Some skeleton, poor bastard was yanking someone's privates, or doing something else entirely.

"Yeesh, even the dead themselves get freaky and get more play than me. But-"

I stopped myself since I saw a little glint to my right, and saw an object.