Chapter 5: Red, Red And More Red.

[No POV]

Y/N was currently just flying, cruising, or however you wanted to specify it. Through space. Gazing out his little window, seeing the stars and counting, and losing count. It's an ongoing process, a very annoying one at that.

If anything was gonna be interesting, it'd be Mars he would soon visit, but he has to have patience. In which it wore thin very quickly once he didn't know what to do.

"I'm bored as all hell up here! Can something interesting at least happen!? Like- I don't know, getting hit with a starship? Actually no, that'd be a quick and possibly painful death."

He decided to look around in his inventory, see what he even has stored in those non-existent pockets..

“Empty..”

Nothing in there, just like his current love life. Besides his cap, nail gun, las gun and the dust from the suit. Which would probably be a health hazard in space conditions.

He decided to look at his helmet when taking it off, looking at his little warped reflection on the visor. Making his face look like a filter you'd see in the early 2020's.

"Y'know, I never actually ate anything have I? The last time I ate was back at home.. Just a piece of toast, nothing more. I should probably eat something when I land, IF there even is any colony of some sorts on Mars."

This, is the expression he is making when he realizes that he'll be starving for the majority of the journey he'll go through

Soon enough Y/N had sunken into his seat, brows not furrowed but a blank stare. He's disappointed to a point where he can't get mad, and expresses his anger in silence and air. Since nobody can hear his ass all the way up there.

"...I want to throw a tantrum, but I am mad that I can't do that."

So he just sat there, breathing in and out of his nose slowly. Nothing to do, besides wait. But no, he didn't wanna do that. So he just got comfy and decided to take a short snooze, ticket to dream world.

{—Transition—}

(Y/N POV)

I woke up, feeling more groggy than a teenager who just drank two liters of alcohol, but got up and stretched. Before walking out of my room, and into the hallway and looking towards the kitchen, seeing my mom cooking something. Smells good.

"Mom?"

Once I spoke, she turned a bit so I can meet her collected gaze. Being reassured that I'm welcome here.

"Yes, Hun?"

"What.. What are you making?"

She took a quick glance at the pan, before answering back to me.

"Eggs, bacon and a little bit of pancakes and waffles in-between. I'll fix you up a plate when it's done, 'kay baby?"

I gave her a little nod before she smiles, and goes back to cooking. I looked to the living room, seeing my dad and older brother talking about something. My two little sisters playing tic tac toe with each other.