Chapter 4: Possible escape.

(Y/N's POV)

After a good while of trying to figure out the nuts and bolts, wires and copper, I managed to fix up the reactor without dying. Though I did accidentally mismatch a screw, but that won't come back to bite me, will it now?
If anything, I may be smart.

"Okay, bridge, turn on the nav console and see what's on it. And maybe, find a way to leave this rock and go back home.. Or maybe, explore the stars? I dunno. Still deciding on myself."

I've always had some moments of talking to myself when lonely, it did help me focus and get ahead of some people, though I never found it normal. Even if it is, I never get used to myself sometimes

But I continued to go forward with my plan and head back to the stairwell, where I've fallen and despise. But proceeded with extra caution, otherwise I'll fall again.
But I started walking up the steps, and noticed the lights turning on from a few floors.

If I'm correct, I'm the damn best at fixing things!

"Maybe I'm meant to be a mech-"

I heard a damn step crack, and not in a good way, I looked down to confirm my damn thoughts. And sure enough, there was a crack, and visible too.
It's probably the weight of the suit, and with the power on, I'm assuming the O2 generators are on after the power was restored.

But after a bit and some struggles with stepping on the stairs, I managed to make my way back to the bridge, and pray that my legs still work.
I went to the nav console and began tampering with it, seeing whatever could be on there. And turns out, this stuff still works, kinda.

I wiped a bit of a smudge on the screen, and the console lit up, showing off a hologram of the solar system. And where the ship seems to be, so I clicked on the icon and it zoomed on the planet surface.
It's quite cool that tech like this exists, even after what happened back in 2025.

"So this is where I'm at, the back half.. And that right there, near the crater, seems to be the other piece. Presumably where any sort of defense systems laid, possibly along with some valuable loot or things I can use along the way."

(Raptus' POV) [Other half of Red Tomb]

I went around the remains, trying to find the hangar before stumbling upon it. So I pry open the doors and slipped in.

It was a standard hangar, some old debris floating around and some cargo lying around, and tools as well. But something caught my eye, so I went up and tried to take a closer look.

"I'll be damned, I guess the saying does come true. Another man's trash is another man's treasure. Or at least I think that's how it goes."

I found your standard troop drop ship, fitted with side and front guns. Side missiles too.
I went to the side and saw the name of the ship.

Black Angler

I decided to go ahead and enter through the back, and check out the inside, seems to be in somewhat good condition. Though, it may need some maintenance and some tweaks here and there.

"If this thing can fly, then I'll be damned. But.."

I started to think, I could just. Leave. And never come back, though the kid would still be here all alone, besides those creatures being here. I'm not sure if he DOES have a ship. But I let myself take a moment to think, on what I wanna do with my newfound discovery.

I decided to stay for a bit, and continue exploring the ship, and started thinking once more.
What if I got the ship's guns up and running? It wouldn't hurt to turn this chunk of metal into a fortress, would it? It wouldn't hurt much, minus any other ship.