Chapter 7: Two Moves Made At Once.

[Earth, somewhere in the desert..]
(No POV)

There stood a group of seven to nine marines in the dark, using the few sand dunes and very few rocks as cover to hide within the dark, looking down from the horizon.
One of the marines, a bit moody, mainly because they're stuck with a few others when they'd prefer surveillance back at base.

They were scoping out an abandoned village next to some ruins which probably belonged to the enemy now, being the surrounding area, that is.
It was also cold as all hell, since the sun went down not too long ago. And only the moon could guide as their light, or lead them to lose their right.

"We plant the beacon right there, near the center of the plaza. From there it would mean the road is clear to traverse."

"We'd have to clear the town first, and we'd need to plant a good piece. Unfortunately, that small outpost is on high alert, so we should probably send someone else out to do just that."

"Hmm.. Chris, get your ass over here and listen for a bit."

Once the name was said, footsteps began to make themselves notable. The two marines turned to see Chris, the one they'll send to do their little job.

 The two marines turned to see Chris, the one they'll send to do their little job

(This, will be Chris, for the time being.)

"Alright, now listen up. Go south a bit, preferably two mikes, then a look to your right. You'll see a small outpost, we'll need you to take it out-"

"Quietly."

The two marines sat there before Chris gave a nod and began trekking through the sands, watching him go off on his own, and they just hoped it'd go well on his end.

(Chris' POV)

I walked for what seemed like a good two hours with nothing but myself and the apparent loneliness, the moon and sand as my friends, along with the orders I've been given.
I held my rifle with a good grip, my visor clear and mindset straight. But I'd let my mind wander a bit, as if thinking what to do when I'm done, they didn't exactly tell me to return to them. But I'll find out when I'm done, for now, I'll just play a tune in my earbuds.

(You can stop it whenever.)

I let the song play for awhile, before moving my head a little and already found myself mouthing the lyrics, this would get interesting for me.

"...Sweet little bumblebee, I know what you want from me. Du Budu Du Dada, Du Budu Du Dada-"

It continued for the remainder of my walk and I quietly sung to myself along the way, occasionally pulling back my charging handle to match some parts.
But when I did actually reach the outpost, I barely saw any lights, but I did hide behind a rock just to make sure I ain't sitting out in the open.