━━━ Chapter Two . Always A Pleasure

After what felt like decades of waiting, Bobby and his mates had finally arrived. Maeve looked over at her best friend and roommate with an annoyed look before getting up from the sofa to answer the door.

She opened it and gave Bobby a small smile, getting out of the way to let them in but almost slamming it in Eli's face.

"Always a pleasure, Maeve." He sarcastically muttered under his breath, earning a glare from her.

"Play nice, guys." Bobby commented, giving them both a look as they all sat down on the sofa in the living room.

"You guys want a drink?" Maeve asked, getting up and walking over to the fridge.

"No, thanks." Most of them spoke at the same time as she nodded. "I'll have a coke, if that's okay?" Eli replied, shifting around his seat.

Maeve got out his can of coke and made her way towards him. He was about to take the can out of her hand but she pulled it back and started shaking it violently before finally giving it to him.

Juno sighed as she watched the scene play out, "Maeve." She scolded, the girl in front of her giving an innocent look. "What?" Maeve shrugged her shoulders.

"You know what." Juno replied and it was Maeve's turn to sigh before she faced Eli. "You should probably give that a minute." She told him with a small smile. "There." She said to Juno before sitting down.

"You are unbelievable." Juno let out a laugh, shaking her head.

"So, Maeve, how's the album coming along?" Josh changed the subject.

"It's going good, thanks." She gave him a soft smile. "I think it's my best work so far."

Elijah then made a snort like noise and Maeve turned to face him with a glare. "Something funny?" She asked.

"What? No, I wasn't laughing." He obviously lied to her, holding back another laugh.

"Oh, I'm sorry, it's just I can't really tell the difference between your laugh or your voice as they're both extremely irritating." Maeve harshly spoke in annoyance.

"Apology accepted." Eli answered sarcastically, trying not to snap back.

"'Maeve, can I talk to you for a sec?" Juno asked, pointing over to the hallway.

She nodded in response and the two got up and headed towards the bedroom so the guys wouldn't hear their conversation.

"What was that all about?" Juno questioned, crossing her arms.

"He's pissing me off, that's what." Maeve replied honestly, rolling her eyes.

"He hasn't done anything." Juno argued, not sure what the reason was exactly.

"Uh, he's breathing?" Maeve scoffed, trying to make a joke to lighten the mood but it didn't seem to work.

"Maeve, I'm being serious." Juno sighed in annoyance, getting frustrated with her friend.

"Can we talk about this later?" She asked, practically begging. "Okay, fine but be nice to him." Juno tilted her head to the side.

"Whatever, let's go." Maeve laughed, grabbing Juno's arm. "Promise me!" She stopped in her tracks.

Maeve groaned in frustration, "I promise, okay?" She agreed with Juno before they went back into the living room.

As they sat back down on the couch, Maeve could practically feel Eli's eyes on her, it was like they were burning into the side of her head and she hated it. Whenever she'd catch him, he'd instantly look away like nothing had happened.

That went on for about 10 minutes and Maeve was getting frustrated, so she decided to ignore it and not look back at him to give him the satisfaction.

"The new album is great, by the way." Maeve complimented the band. "The track list is just utter perfection and the title, Cuts & Bruises? Amazing." She continued.

"Thanks, we really appreciate it." Eli replied, awkwardly nodding in response as he opened his can of coke.

"So, anything else going on apart from the album?" Ryan spoke up after a while of not saying anything.

Maeve sighed, thinking of what else had gone on. "I'm thinking of going back to college for a bit but I don't know." She admitted.

"Wait seriously?" Juno questioned in shock, her eyes widening slightly at her words. "What about the album?"

"I'll finish the album eventually, it's just I regret dropping out so soon, y'know?" Maeve tried to explain to them.

"Well, I say go for it." Eli spoke his mind, catching her attention as she looked up at him. "Are you being serious or are you just saying that to get rid of me?" She teased.

"No, I'm being serious, Maeve." He reassured her. "Think of it as me being your fairy godmother or something."

They all started to laugh at him, "you're not gonna bibbity bobbity boo me, are you?" Maeve joked, a smile forming on her face.

"Ew, Maeve, that's gross." Juno groaned, giving her friend a disgusted look.

"I didn't mean it like that!" Maeve practically yelled as she lightly shoved Juno.

The guys started to tease Eli about the entire situation which only made things between them more awkward. She looked over at him as he took another sip from his drink, the two making eye contact.

 She looked over at him as he took another sip from his drink, the two making eye contact

maeve.gallagher has posted on their story

gallagher has posted on their story

MILLIE SPEAKS !i feel like this is soooo bad 😭😭 i always plan out the actual scenes in my head but when i write them, it's so poorly written so im sorry if this sucks

MILLIE SPEAKS !
i feel like this is soooo bad 😭😭 i always plan out the actual scenes in my head but when i write them, it's so poorly written so im sorry if this sucks