━━━ Chapter Fourteen . A Change Of Heart

maeve.gallagher has posted on their story

gallagher has posted on their story

Maeve desperately didn't want to go back home as she knew Eli would be there waiting to finally talk to her and it was going to be one awkward conversation

She pulled out her house keys, unlocked the front door and walked inside, preparing herself for what was about to happen. 

"You alright, Maeve?" Bobby was the first to speak. "Yeah, you?" She returned the question.

Her eyes slowly glanced over at Eli, who was looking down at the floor and this brought back memories.

"You alright, Maeve?" Bobby asked as she walking into the room, only to be greeted by an unfamiliar face. "This is my mate, Eli." He introduced the two.

"Nice to meet you, Eli." She politely replied with a soft smile. "I'm Maeve, obviously." The girl sarcastically spoke.

Surprisingly, when the two first met, they actually got along with each other and had many things in common, such as music, films and their famous dads but eventually, all of that love turned into hate.

Everyone seems to think that a soulmate is someone who is exactly like you but that's not true. The reason Maeve hated Eli was because he was too much like her and she hated that with every inch of her body.

Maeve had zoned out and didn't get to hear Bobby's reply but once she came back to reality, she put her jacket away and sat down on the sofa next to Juno.

The two kept giving each other looks to show how awkward they felt and they desperately tried to hold on their laughs.

Elijah was now looking back and forth from his shoes over to Maeve as she tried not to look back at him because of she did, she wouldn't be able to stop.

Maeve was starting to have a change of heart about the moving on thing and now she was torn between her choices. She couldn't help but wonder what was going through Eli's mind.

Was it as loud as hers? Does he think about her as much as she thinks about him?

"Does anyone want a drink?" Maeve asked the three as she stood up.

Juno and Bobby both shook their heads no and thanked her for the offer as Eli asked for a can of coke like last time.

Her heart froze once he finally spoke to her. It had felt like years since the last time they properly spoke and somehow he sounded older than before, maybe tired.

She then brought back his request and handed it over to him normally. "Thanks." Eli muttered under his breath.

He looked up at her and she looked down at him. She had missed him so much. His laugh, his smile, his eyes and his voice.

Elijah was also having a change of heart. He didn't want to move on from Maeve, he couldn't. It was simply impossible.

She is the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen and he could never forget about her, never in a million years.

"Maeve." Eli asked and it instantly caught her attention. "Yeah?" She replied.

"Can we talk?" He questioned her, crossing his fingers so she'll say yes.

"Okay." Maeve nodded, holding back her smile. "You wanna go for a walk?" She then suggested to him.

"Yeah, let me just put a hoodie on." Elijah told her as he got up from the couch and picked up his hoodie.

Maeve watched as he began putting it on, the movement causing his shirt to rise a bit at the bottom and she felt as if she was going to pass out at the sight.

"You okay?" He asked her, snapping her out of her thoughts.

"Huh? Yeah, I'm good." Maeve coughed slightly as she lied.

MILLIE SPEAKS !one more chapter of act one

MILLIE SPEAKS !
one more chapter of act one.....