━━━ Chapter Twelve . Moving On

The ride home was quiet. Not the good and peaceful type, the awkward and painful one. Maeve didn't look at Eli once the entire time and he didn't dare to look at her, it would only make things more complicated.

At one point, Maeve was convinced that he could hear how fast her heart was beating because it felt like it was going to explode.

Once the car came to a stop, Maeve almost immediately swung open the door and got out to avoid conversation with him. She practically ran to her front door and stepped inside, not looking back at him.

Her attention went straight to Juno, who was sat on the sofa waiting for her to return. You could tell she knew about everything.

But instead of making a big deal out of the two kissing, Juno got up and gave her friend a hug. "You want a drink?" She asked.

Maeve nodded straight away without hesitation, watching as her friend made her way into the kitchen and returned with 2 bottles of vodka.

"I think I'm in love with him, Juno." Maeve slurred after a few hours of drinking.

"Is that so bad?" She questioned, taking a sip from her bottle.

"I promised myself this wouldn't happen again." She shook her head. "I'm so scared." Maeve confessed, her voice cracking.

"Love is so scary sometimes." Juno agreed. "I remember feeling so scared when I first realized I was in love with Bobby."

"How did it go away?" Maeve asked, giving her a hopeful look.

"I told him." She shrugged her shoulders, trying to make a point.

Maeve groaned in annoyance, "I can't just tell him!" She raised her voice. "He's dating someone else."

"What?" Juno's eyes widened in shock. "No, he's not. Bobby told me he was single." She explained to her friend.

Maeve's face dropped in both disbelief and disappointment, "so he lied to me?"

When she didn't get a reply instantly, she knew that she was right. Eli had lied to her about having a "girlfriend", he wasn't even talking to someone. Maeve didn't think it would hurt her as much as it did.

"Okay, I changed my mind." She started to speak. "I'm not in love with him." She continued to lie about her feelings.

"You can't just take it back!" Juno yelled in a confused tone. "Yes I can!" Maeve argued. "No, you can't!" Juno continued. "Well, I just did!" Maeve laughed in response.

"I bet you're thinking about him now." Juno gave her a knowing look as she tilted her head to the side, earning a glare in return.

"That's only because you just brought him up!" Maeve stated in annoyance.

There was brief moment of silence until Maeve let out a stressed out sigh. "I think I should move on."

Juno was taken aback from her words, "if you thinks that's best then go ahead but I wish you wouldn't." Maeve simply nodded.

"I heard you're back in the studio." Juno changed the subject.

"Yeah, just trying to record some stuff for the album, y'know?" Maeve continued to drink her alcohol as she explained.

"Well, I'm sure it'll be great." Her friend complimented, getting a smile out of her.

Elijah was pacing around his house anxiously as he tried to think of the best plan to fix things between him and Maeve

Elijah was pacing around his house anxiously as he tried to think of the best plan to fix things between him and Maeve. He didn't want it to end this way, it couldn't. His friends were sat down on the sofa watching as he did so.

"I'm so screwed." Eli leaned his head back as he complained to his friends.

"Wait, you kissed her?" Ryan questioned as he wasn't there during the situation. "Isn't that a good thing?" He then asked.

"I thought it was at first." Eli began to explain. "Until she started avoiding me."

"Maybe she's nervous?" Josh then suggested, trying to help out his friend.

"Juno literally told Bobby that Maeve's ignoring me." Elijah stated, getting annoyed with himself.

"Oh." Was all Josh could say as he looked down at his hands to waste time. "Write her a song?" Ryan suggested next.

"He can't write a song about this." Bobby let out a mocking laugh. "Oh, Maeve, I'm sorry I kissed you but why are you avoiding me?" He continued to mock his friend.

"Have you called her?" Ryan asked Eli, ignoring Bobby's jokes.

Elijah nodded instantly, "I've tried everything!" He continued to pace around.

"Even email?" Ryan slightly pulled a face as he spoke. "Like I said, I've tried everything." Eli repeated, this time confirming it.

"Oh, shit. It's serious, serious." Ryan mumbled under his breath in shock.

"Maybe I should just move on." Eli sighed, wiping his face stressfully.

"You wanna email her that too?" Bobby joked again, making the lads laugh.

"This isn't helping." Elijah groaned in annoyance at his friends.

MILLIE SPEAKS !they're so funny and they know it

MILLIE SPEAKS !
they're so funny and they know it. anywayssss i hope u enjoyed this chapter even tho it was short lol