33! calm before the storm

Two days have passed since your father last visited

Two days have passed since your father last visited. Today now was a Friday, in each one of those days you'd do late night shifts in order to gain more money, since the restaurant needed more staff at night, and you had nothing better to do!

It was the usual routine. Greeting your co-workers getting into your work attire, serving the customers. And what so one.

Just like every normal day!

Surprisingly, these last days were pretty calm. Your father never showed up, and bosacious never texted you. Just like calm before the storm.

"Hey L/n, do you have a minute? I want to speak with you."

Your manager, came up to you with a smile on her face. As you finished serving some of the costumers orders.

"Wa- what about my shift-" she interrupted you before respond, she took your hand and started dragging you to her office.

Once arriving in there, she went behind her desk sitting. Making the atmosphere more awkward as you only kept standing the door behind you, fidgeting woth your fingers to calm yourself.

"I've been keeping an eye on you, these past days." She started,

Okay? What am I suposed to do with that information...

After signaling you to sit on one of the two chairs infront of her desk. She looked over her watch.

You sat like she wanted you to, smiling at her, looking at her eyes with such respect, you believed she didn't deserve. You already knew what was coming.

"I've received complaints about your awful behavior towards your staff co-workers, along with others coming from regular costumers."

She crossed her arms over her chest, before that adjusting the black colored glasses she's wearing.

"I passed a blind eye on that, but that's when I've heard you've been accused of stealing, not from the restaurant, but from the costumers."

She said that with a monotone voice, her sharp eyes glued on your smiling face. "What do you have to say for yourself?"

"If I denied all that, would you believe me." You sudently said, like you've been preparing these words before hand.

"Wha- of course I wouldn't, unless you show acctully prove then-"

You cutted her off, before she could finish her sentence getting up from your seat, still your signature smile, never leaving your face. "Then skip to the firing part already."

The woman's face looked perplexed by your attitude, "what in the-"

"I'm still considered as an employee here right?" You sudently asked with a wide grin.

"I mean, yeah but-"

"Then I apologize, i guess I'm quiting this job. It was a good time working with you, ma'am." Slightly bowing your head, you turned around opening the door as you left without another word.