𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑫𝑨𝑵𝑮𝑬𝑹 𝑩𝑬𝑮𝑰𝑵𝑺, 𝑷𝑨𝑹𝑻 1

┌── •✧• ──┐

"Great Job at Hiding you secret."

"Thanks!"

"I was being Sarcastic!"

└── •✧• ──┘

(Vanessa's Pov)

"Captain Man!" Jasper exclaims, as he is watching a video clip of Captain Man on his Pear Pad.

What about Time Out? I think she's pretty awesome.

Henry finally looks up from his computer screen. "What about Captain Man." He replies, with a sweet smile.

"Did you guys see what he and Time Out did yesterday?" Jasper cheerfully replies.

An angry Charlotte stops writing. "Can we focus on Algebra?!" She shouts, as I jump back a little.

"I mean, she has a point, that test is coming up." I add, leaning into the couch.

Jasper ignores us. "There was a fire at a pet store, and Captain Man ran inside, right through the flames, and saved all the animals! And he didn't even get hurt." Jasper says grinning. "Time Out was just sitting there petting the dogs." He shrugs and sits down. I sigh, knowing I've already heard the story from my dad a million times since it happened.

"Captain Man never gets hurt," Henry looks back at the computer. "He's a beast." I snicker to myself, knowing my dad is an absolute Man-Child.

"You know, some day, when you guys are cleaning me and Nessa's swimming pools because you failed this algebra test, then flunk out of school," I giggle and the boys glare at us. "I hope you remember this moment, Because I will." Charlotte finishes.

"Preach sister!" I say delighted and fist bump her.

Henry and Jasper both look annoyed from this comment. Even though it's probably true.

"Hey, here's a cool job I could do." Henry announces. He slams his foot onto the coffee table, on top of my Algebra books. "Foot Model." He smiles with pride.

Me and Charlotte share a look and look back at Henry. Before we could deny the idea, Jasper interrupts.

"You guys, can we go over the list for my birthday party?"

"Sure!" Henry looks over at Jasper, who is now in the kitchen.

"No." Me and Charlotte both exclaim.

"No!" Henry quickly changes.

Jasper looks at his Pear Pad with disappointment. "But I invited fifty-two people. And nobody's texted me back yet. What does that mean?"

I feel a little sorrow for Jasper, as I'm pretty sure were his only friends, not counting Sydney and Oliver. But who would want to count them?

"That people have been to your parties before?" Henry answers with sass.

"Oh, come on, my parties aren't that bad." Jasper says, grabbing a chip from the bowl.

"Christmas. Three years ago. Fifteen kids ended up in the hospital!" I interrupt. Thinking about that memory makes me sick.

Henry looks up from the computer once again. " Cause of your raw turkey."

"It was turkey sushi!" Jasper exclaims, putting his chip down.

Charlotte looks up annoyed. "A boy almost died!"