𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑺𝑬𝑪𝑹𝑬𝑻 𝑮𝑬𝑻𝑺 𝑶𝑼𝑻

┌── •✧• ──┐

"I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR EXPLANATIONS! COME HERE BOY!"

└── •✧• ──┘

Vanessa's POV:

I'm sitting in the Hart living room playing a video game with Charlotte and Henry.

"Here I come."

"No, you don't."

"Shut up so I can focus!"

"Here I come."

"No, you don't."

"I'm gonna get you."

"No, you won't."

Jasper bursts through the front door but we pay no attention. "Hey, guys! You got to check this out." The three of us mumble responses trying to get ahead of the others.

"No problem." Jasper sets his bag down. "I'll take over your screen." The TV screen switches from the video game to an interview of Time Out and Captain Man. We all start yelling at him to switch it back. "Just watch the video."

"I don't wanna watch the video!" I shout.

"What video?" Henry questions. "It's a news clip from last night. It's called 'Captain Man and Time Out's big fail." Henry glances at me and I chuckle. "Ooh, play it." Says an interested Charlotte.

Henry interrupts the two from watching the video. "Hey, look. My belly button." Henry lifts up his shirt and starts studying his belly button. "Nobody wants to see that weird hole." I shove his shirt back down.

"Play the video." Charlotte turns back to Jasper.

The video starts with a news reporter standing next to me and my dad.

~

"We're live in downtown Swellview where the Phone Shark has struck again. This time the Phone Shark bit through a dozen people's cell phones, then fled the scene, once again escaping capture from Captain Man and Time Out. " The news Lady reports.

She turns to Captain Man. "Captain Man, isn't it true that the Phone Shark has been attacking people's phones for over a year now?"

"Yes, that is true." Captain Man replies nervously. "Tell the Phone Shark to retire or something. He's getting old and nobody likes him." Time Out grabs the microphone.

The news lady takes the microphone back. "So why don't you two just catch him?"

"Well, Time Out and I have been trying." Captain Man tells her. "But you keep failing. Doesn't that bug you?" She asks.

"YES!" Time Out shouts into the microphone.

~

"I feel bad for Captain Man and Time Out." Charlotte admits. "It's not Captain Man's fault." Jasper puts down his tablet. "He just needs a better sidekick."

"One more time."

"What the hell did you just say?"

"Just saying, I'd be way better at catching bad guys than Kid Danger. And Time Out is so annoying. Did you see the attitude she had in the video?" Jasper admits.

I jump up from my seat clearly annoyed. "You couldn't catch fucking butt warts, Jasper." Henry nods in agreement, standing up next to me. "Oh, yes he could. Remember fifth grade?" Charlotte reminisces.