𝑻𝑬𝑨𝑹𝑺 𝑶𝑭 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑱𝑶𝑳𝑳𝒀 𝑩𝑬𝑬𝑻𝑳𝑬

┌── •✧• ──┐

"Oh no. This one committed suicide."

"Vanessa!"

└── •✧• ──┘

Vanessa's POV:

I'm in city hall with Captain Man and Kid Danger accepting an award. These stupid award ceremonies get so boring, especially when I've been attending them for years. Anyone could easily tell Henry is excited. I don't blame him; it is his first award for being Kid Danger.

"And luckily, Swellview has the best crime fighters of all. And so, my fellow Swellviewians, as vice mayor of this fine city, I present these medals of recognition for bravery and community service to our very own Captain Man, Time Out, and Kid Danger. Everyone in the audience applauds for us, and there are photographers with their camera's flashing.

"Oh, and please accept this coupon for one free medium frozen yogurt." Vice Mayor hands the paper to my dad as Miss. Swellview puts the medals around our necks.

"Wow."

"Each?"

"Are you kidding me?"

Vice Mayor looks from us to the crowd and back. "No, you'll have to split the yogurt." With that, he walks off and Captain Man takes the podium.

"Thank You, Vice Mayor. And thank you, citizens of Swellview." Captain Man continues with his speech, but I half zone out. "And we very much appreciate these medals, and the yogurt. Which we'll share. Time Out you're up." He finishes and walks away from the podium.

"Thank you, Captain Man, for that great, time worthy speech." I say sarcastically into the microphone which makes the crowd lightly laugh. "It's been a pleasure, all these years, helping all the kind citizens. I'm only doing it for the fro-yo though." I chuckle.

"Jokes aside, thank you for congratulating us for all the hard work we put in, I really appreciate it. I have a lot of fun with my dad, Captain Man. And of course, my new partner in crime, Kid Danger. Speaking of Kid Danger, here he is to give his speech!" I laugh and walk away from the podium.

I hear Piper scream that she loves Kid Danger and I chuckle. Before he can even finish the first sentence of his speech, music starts playing and people are exiting the room. "Seriously, they're playing me off?" He asks, very surprised.

"I think there was a time limit." Captain Man whispers to him with sorrow. Captain Man pushes me out of the way so he can get a photo with Miss. Swellview. Until Kid Danger wraps his arm around my shoulder for a photo and suddenly all the photographers are taking photos of us. Weird.

I check my phone to see a notification. "Captain Man, our car's here." I inform him.

"Let's ride."

"Wait Captain Man!" Jasper shouts from the other side of the room. "Captain Man! Captain Man!"

Captain Man turns to look at Jasper. "Yes, you in the loose pants." He asks.

"Will you sign my Captain Man action figure?" Jasper asks politely.

Captain Man asks Jasper to bring the box up to him, but instead Jasper decides to not so politely fling the box at Captain Man.

The box hits Captain Man in the lip and the room is filled with gasps. "It hit him in the lip!" Vice Mayor points out the obvious.