𝑺𝑼𝑩𝑺𝑻𝑰𝑻𝑼𝑻𝑬 𝑻𝑬𝑨𝑪𝑯𝑬𝑹

┌── •✧• ──┐

"I have lots of questions about my hygiene!"

"Never say that again."

└── •✧• ──┘

Vanessa's POV:

I walk into Swellview Junior High. I immediately see Charlotte banging on her locker, screaming. "WHYYYY!" She shouts at her locker. I jog over to my two friends.

"Hey guys." I say as I take a sip of my coffee. "Okay, I'll borrow Jasper's notes." Henry steps back from Charlotte, ignoring me.

Charlotte turns to me. "My lock is broken again." She whines.

"Damn public schools." I mutter under my breath. Charlotte looks at my wrist and then back at my face. "Hey, will you..." She motions to my Whiz Watch and then to her locker.

I furrow my brows. "I need you to speak English, Char."

"Use your Whiz Watch to open the lock." She loudly whispers, and I make a silent oh.

"No!" Henry whisper shouts. "What if someone sees." Charlotte sighs. "I'll create a distraction."

Charlotte walks past Henry and into the middle of the hallway. "You know I'm not--" Henry stops when he realizes Charlotte was not going to turn around.

I just shrug and shoot a laser at the lock, not needing a distraction. Half the kids in this school are so chronically online they won't look up from their phones.

Once Charlotte is in the middle of the room, she screams, and everyone goes flocking to her. Everyone starts asking her what's wrong, and Henry motions for me to shoot the lock but I just simply open the locker, showing him, I already did.

"How did you shoot it already?" He asks me, dumbfounded.

I shrug and take a sip of my coffee. "Magic."

"Okay. I'm fine now." Charlotte pushes people away from her and walks back to me and Henry. "Thank you." She walks to her locker. I nod my head and continue to walk to my locker, which is on the other side of the hallway.

 I  walk back to see Piper by the wall with Henry and I's lockers. "DANG IT!" Piper growls.

"Girl, what's wrong?" I walk up to her. "Henry butt dialed Jana Tetrazzini." Piper says coldly.

I audibly gasp. I walk up to Henry and slap him across the face. "Why?" He asks.

"You stupid lunatic! WE HATE JANA TETRAZZINI!" I scream at him, and Piper stands my side, nodding. "Why do you keep her number in your phone if you hate her?" Henry tries to defend himself.

Piper rolls her eyes and sighs at Henry. "Because, if she calls me, I need to know it's her, so I can ignore it." This time I'm the one nodding.

Henry gives her a sarcastic smile as Piper storms out of the school. "Love you."

"Who cares?"

He turns to me. "Did you have to slap me?" Henry holds the spot where I hit him.

"Do you want me to kiss your boo-boo?" I bat my eyelashes and give puppy dog eyes.

Henry rolls his eyes and pulls me over to Charlotte. We start talking about work, until we hear Jasper behind us. "Those are my friends. Vanessa, Charlotte, and Henry."