𝑯𝑬𝑵𝑹𝒀 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑴𝑨𝑵-𝑩𝑬𝑨𝑺𝑻

┌── •✧• ──┐

"Do you really need more caffeine in your system?"

"Yes."

└── •✧• ──┘

Vanessa's POV:

I'm down in the Man-Cave with Henry and Charlotte. We are doing my dad's stupid chores once again.

Today we are being forced to organize the machines my grandpa or Schwoz made.

"Man, how come we have to organize the stupid storage room?" Henry whines. "Shouldn't Ray and Vanessa be doing this?"

I turn around and almost drop the box I'm holding. "Hey! I do a lot around here. My life should be counted as child labor."

Henry playfully rolls his eyes at me.

"Tell me what that is so I can write it down." Charlotte interrupts.

Henry takes a step back. "Uh, It's a big heavy thing with things on it." He starts to walk away, giving Charlotte a thumbs up.

"Great." Charlotte throws her hands in the air. "Another big thing that's a thing with things on it."

Henry sighs. "Yeah, yeah, yeah. Whatever." He leans back onto a machine. The machine turns on and red and yellow lights start electrocuting Henry.

Me and Charlotte run over, but don't know what to do. We just grab onto each other and pray for the machine to stop.

"What are you doing?" Charlotte says when the machine finally stops. "Ray said not to mess with this stuff."

I nod. "It's pretty dangerous Henry. Who knows what's going to happen now."

"I wasn't messing with it! I just leaned on it--" Henry is cut off by the sprocket opening up and my dad and Schwoz emerging.

The two are arguing about something, but I don't care enough to try and figure it out.

"Okay, let's ask them." My dad points to me, Charlotte, and Henry.

Charlotte smiles. "Ask us what?"

"If you kids had to choose, would you rather..."

"Be eaten by wild monkeys..."

"Or you get boiled in a big pot of soup."

Henry furrows his brows. "What type of soup?"

Before Schwoz can answer, the alarm from upstairs starts blaring.

Charlotte groans. "Gooch needs me. I'll come back down in a sec. Ness, you wanna come with?"

"Sure." I nod and walk with her to the elevator.

Henry looks at his watch. "Ray, can we finish doing this stuff tomorrow?"

"Why, it's only five o'clock?" My dad asks.

"Because--" Charlotte's about to blurt.

Henry sticks a finger at her from the middle of the room. "Don't tell them!"

"Okay." Charlotte says as I press the button in the elevator.

"Henry's got a date!" She yells to my dad and Schwoz right before the door shuts.

I turn to her with a dropped jaw. "Actually?"

"You didn't know?" She asks.

I shake my no. "I had no idea. With who?"