Longing

In the dimly lit room, I found myself lost in thoughts. The flickering screen played scenes of passionate romance, leaving a trail of illusions in my mind. All the romantic movies and series I've watched so far have deluded my mind. From the silver screen to the small screen, they fed me a constant stream of perfect love stories, the epitome of romance, and the ideal girl to complete my life. But, in my relentless pursuit of perfection, I overlooked a fundamental truth - I am not perfect, and I never will be. It's a concept I still struggle to grasp, but I'm doing my best to come to terms with it.

Being a 21-year-old guy, what wisdom do you expect me to possess about life? I'm still figuring out the world, trying to find reasons to live, and uncertain about where my path leads. Given this, can you blame me for yearning for something perfect, especially when it comes to a relationship? It may be a lofty aspiration, but I can't help but seek it out.

To be honest, I don't have much to complain about in life. There's no deep sadness or depression within me, except when I'm alone with my thoughts. In those moments of solitude, the void within me yearns for that one person to hold me close, to cuddle with, and shower me with love and care. It's a paradoxical desire, considering my friends would probably find it cringey if they knew. After all, we men are supposed to be strong, impervious to these emotions, right?

Nevertheless, I can't help the way I feel. The longing for companionship, intimacy, and understanding is real and undeniable. I am no exception to the human need for connection, even if it defies societal norms of masculinity. Maybe it's time to break free from these rigid expectations and allow myself to embrace vulnerability, for only then will I truly grow.

As I navigate this unpredictable journey called life, I will continue seeking that elusive perfection. But perhaps, along the way, I'll learn that perfection isn't about finding the ideal person or experiencing flawless romance. It might be about embracing imperfections, both in myself and in others, and discovering that love can bloom in the most unexpected places.

So, here I am, a young man with dreams of finding the perfect love story and the perfect girl, slowly learning that perfect doesn't exist. And in this realization, I hope to find the beauty in the imperfect, the genuine, and the authentic. For it's in these imperfections that real connections are forged, and true love is born.