9. Clean clean

Clean clean clean clean.

I'm sweating bullets.

Not to mention I'm drenched from the soapy water.

But I'm getting this combat vehicle clean.

I wiped the sweat from my forehead and looked over at Ghost and Soap.

Soap was watching Jay bird and Ghost... well, he was giving me his usual glare.

Why is he always glaring at me?

I sighed and turned around again, reaching to wipe down the large hood.

Maybe that's just his face.

His resting bitch face.

I wish we could listen to music.

But it's whatever.

After two hours, we were done.

"LN. my office."

"Yes, sir."

Now what?

I followed him and he closed the door.

"Sit."

I sat.

He sat behind his desk and leaned back, putting his arms behind his head and crossing a leg over his knee.

He stared at me for a while and I wondered if he could smell the sweat on me.

"Tell me about your family."

"My family, sir?"

"Yes. I want to know my you're such a problem."

"Oh... well, my father use to be a colonel. My mom is a stay at home mom and I have four older brothers. They're all in the army. The oldest, Koby, is 32. He's a lieutenant. Then there's Sebastian who's 30. He's a sergeant. Kevin and Jason are twins. They're 27 and both sergeants. I'm the newest to the army."

"You have a lieutenant brother, huh?"

"Yes sir."

"Did they all want to join the army?"

"Yes sir."

"What about you? Did you want to join the army?"

No.

I never wanted to join the army.

I wanted to be a dancer, or a soccer player, or a doctor, or veterinarian, but never part of the army.

"Yes sir."

"Are you sure? You hesitated."

"Yes sir. It's been a family tradition."

"Not every family tradition has to be followed."

Tell that to my dad...

"I understand sir."

"Did you grow up in a strict family?"

"I suppose so, sir."

"Tell me about that."

"My father raised us all like we were in the army because he said that's the only profession we were allowed to be in. We had to call him sir, or colonel. I once called him father... nevermind. We had to wake up at 5 everyday to do drills. We had to be in bed and asleep by 10. Friends were greatly discouraged too."

"We're you popular in high school?"

"No. But I wasn't a "loser" either. I was in the middle ground. I had a few friends but I wasn't to close to them."

"It sounds like you've been isolated for a lot of your life."

"I'm close to my brothers and my mom. We'd be closer if my dad let us. But I'm still happy with our relationships."

"You need more than just family in this world, LN."

"You're friends with Sergeant Soap, correct?"

"Friendship isn't in the field manual."

"My father always said that."

He nodded and sat forward. "So. I have two reasons why you're such a problem child.

I gulped.