Chapter 2

As the teacher starts her lesson I can't help but feel like I'm being watched. I shake it off and decide to pull out my computer. I open it and begin writing my notes and the equations the teacher has put on the board. As I am typing I notice on the far right of the screen Diara watching me.

Diara is what you would consider as a "low ranker". The one who gets bullied by the other females and most importantly the one everyone labels as the quiet kid.

Her skin is a tan almost Carmel color with freckles dotting her body, mostly her face. She has ginger medium length hair that's always braided into two pigtails. Along with the most hypnotizing green eyes I have ever seen, black round glasses to complent her round face, and bushy untaimed eyebrows.

As I look at Diara through my computer screen, I can't help but notice how her big green eyes are staring straight at me. It would seem she has yet to notice me looking right back at her reflection.

First Aimiah now Diara. Is there something wrong with me or is it just a watch y/n kind of day.

I can't help but feel rather uncomfortable as her eyes continue to watch me closely. It's not a bad stare like Aimiah's however. When Aimiah looks at me it makes me feel small and like she is observing an animal in a zoo. Than again she is ranked as an elite's daughter so she looks at everyone like that due to her God complex.

Diara's stare, however, looks more innocent and filled with curiosity and hesitation. It's almost as if she wants to talk to me.

Suddenly me and Diara make eye contact through the reflection of the computer. Her eyes widen as she tenses up and looks down in a shy yet nervous manner. She fumbles to write her notes and even drops her pencil a few times in the process.

Okay that was strange, then again it wouldn't be the first time I caught her staring. Maybe she just wants a friend, she does appear rather lonely at times.

I nod my head slightly as I come to a conclusion. I am going to talk to Diara after class, I feel like we could become great friends.

Thinking of friends I wonder if maybe I could befriend Shae. She seems like a rather nice person and she is awfully beautiful. Maybe she will need help getting around the school. I would gladly show her around.

I gaze at Shae longingly only to be pulled out of my daze by the teacher placing three sheets of paper stapled together on my desk.

"Remeber everyone, this homework is due the moment you enter the class on Friday. I will have a black basket on my desk in which you will place your finish work. Also don't forget to write your name and date, I'm looking at you Lucas." The teacher says as she goes around the class passing out the work and shooting Lucas an accusing look.

I could hear Lucas huffing in the male's corner of the class, clearly not enjoying the slight jab the teacher, Ms. Reynolds, took at him.

"That was one time, let it go already" I hear Lucas mutter under his breath as we all begin to pack up to leave to the next class.

As always the females exit first and heads towards the east wing of the school for their next classes while the males head to the west wing. I decided to speed walk in order to catch up with Diara who is usually one of the first to leave our home ec class.

"H-hey Diara wait up" I slightly yelled to catch her attention as I got closer.

Diara jumped a little as she made a small eep sound. She stopped and turned around only to come face to face with me. She once again made that same small sound as she jumped back a bit covering her face with her sleeves. The tips of her freckled ears turning red.

She was wearing an oversized black hoodie with a hot pink female outline print on the middle of the hoodie and sleeves that covered her hands dangling down to her wrist. She was also wearing a high waisted pink and black plaid skirt in which her hoodie was slightly tucked into. Along with chunky black platform ankle boots and fish net stockings.

It's far from what you would typically be expecting her to wear but it's cute all the same. It shows way more personality than what most of the people wear in this town. Although I will admit with her small stature it does look like her clothes are devouring her whole.

I chuckle at the thought. "Sorry Diara I didn't mean to scare you. I just thought you looked a bit lonely walking to class and wanted to see if I could join"

I give her my best smile although it appears rather awkward. She uncovers her face and looks down as she visibly trembles, pulling one hand out of her sleeve to play with the fabric of the other sleeve.

"I-I guess I w-wouldnt m-mind the c-company" she stutters, her face turning even more red in the process. Her voice sounding very small and helpless, that I almost didn't hear her.

I give her a tired smile since I'm still not use to socializing as much as I have been doing today.

"Great, which class do you have" I say as we both continue our walk down the hallway.

"I h-have e-economics" Diara mutters under her breath still looking nervous and red.

I give out a low hum as we both continue our walk in a comfortable silence. As I glance over to Diara she seems more relaxed and comfortable with my company as she stops playing with her sleeve fabric and allow her free hand to be re-covered.

Once we finally make it to economics i turn to her and gave her a tiny smile as we stop at the door.

"Well I must be going now, I'm already going to be a little late to class. I really enjoyed walking with you and I hope we can hang out more often Diara."

I spoke in a formal tone as my tiny close lipped smile became a tad bit bigger showing a little bit of my front teeth. I don't know why I spoke so formally but oh well, you can't turn back time.

She smiles back at me with her face still a bit red as she tucks a non existent strand of hair behind her ear. With that I turn and start to head to my next class, reading. I can feel Diara watching me curiously before the feeling went away, indicating she went inside the class room.