Chapter 9

After Diara had calmed down we left the building and continued with our day. Unfortunately, I couldn't find Chantel anywhere, not even at lunch. Either she left school early or she went into hiding.

Either way, the day went on at a very slow and boring pace until eventually, school was over. I left class to find Diara but I realized it's quite difficult to find a 4'11 ginger wandering around in the sea of girls. Which is funny, you would think it would be easy to find a red head.

"Diara! Diara!"

I continued to yell her name as I went the opposite way of the crowd. As I looked for Diara girls would throw a heavy glare at me. Embarrassment started to creep up on me right before I ran into someone.

"Can you be more careful."

I knew that voice; it was Chantel. I looked up at Chantel in amazement. I don't know where she went but apparently she didn't leave school as I previously thought. So I'm guessing she just laid low for the rest of school or maybe hid somewhere.

Chantel looked down at me hurt and tired. Her eyes were still red indicating that she had just gotten done crying not too long ago. Her makeup smudged and running. The small black broken heart at the bottom edge of her left eye was nearly erased by her tears. Has she been crying throughout the entire day? I sigh as I go to talk to Chantel.

"Chantel c-can we just t-talk for a second. I've been looking for you all day but I-I didn't know w-where you went."

I spoke nervously and in a low volume as I trip on some of my words. I see some sort of emotion sparkle in Chantel's eyes for a brief second but I can't tell what it was. She opens her mouth to speak only for a different voice to break through the atmosphere.

"Y/n t-there you are I-I've been l-looking for you!"

Diara comes running at me in full force. My eyes widen as she hugs me, nearly knocking me to the ground for a second time today.

"I-I thought you l-left without me y/n. I w-was so worried!"

Diara continued to hold on to me for dear life. I don't know why she's this attached to me all of a sudden. I look up from Diara to Chantel only to see Chantel glaring menacingly at me.

"You're hanging out with Diara? Are you kidding me right now?!"

Chantel's voice boomed through the hallway as some girls stop for a minute confused only to continue walking faster than before when they realized it was Chantel.

"C-can w-w-we please just t-tal-"

Chantel swiftly cuts me off with a quick slap to my face. Diara cowered behind me, trying to pull me back to the exit of the school and away from Chantel. My face stung as my cheek began to bleed from one of her rings cutting me.

She looked at me hurt and furious. Tears threatened to fall from the edge of her eyes but she refuse to let me see her cry again.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I WAS THINKING OF FORGIVING YOU! YOU ALWAYS DO THIS! PRIORITIZING EVERYONE BUT ME. YOU SHOW AIMIAH ALL THE ATTENTION SHE COULD EVER WANT AND NOW YOU'RE MOVING ON TO DIARA. YOU EVEN SHOW SHAE MORE ATTENTION THAN ME! FOR A MOMENT I THOUGHT YOU ACTUALLY CARED!"

I was shocked. This is the second time she has yelled at me today. Wait...how does Chantel know who Shae is and how does she know I've been hanging around her?

Chantel didn't give me enough time to process everything as she roughly pushes past me and Diara and make her way out the exit where a limousine was waiting for her.

Both me and Diara stood in shock as more girls continued to make their way out of school. Some even shot us concerned glances before ignoring us.

As I stood frozen in place as I felt Diara start pulling me out of the school. I blinked a few times before following her in awkward silence.