Chapter 16

I wake up to a flash of light. I could also hear a clicking noise that sounded just like a Polaroid camera. I groan as I shift while slightly rubbing my eyes. I hear a small gasp before the sound of a few objects moving can be heard. That is until a loud bang wakes me up completely.

I set up quickly only to see Diara picking up a bunch of pictures. I went over to help her pick it up when she suddenly threw her body over the printed pictures.

"NO!"

I stared at her in shock as I backed up. Her golden complextion turned a bright red as she stared at me in what looked to be embarrassment.

"S-sorry, I-I didn't mea-mean to ye-yell. You j-just startled m-m-me."

My widened eyes go back to normal. She has a point, I shouldn't have rushed over so quickly.

"No, no. I'm sorry, I should have said something."

She smiles slightly as I bend down on one knee while she continues to lay on top of the pictures on the floor.

"Let me help you pick those up."

I smile, but my smile drops as her face twists into a look of pure horror. She shakes her head vigorously as tears pile up in the corner of her eyes.

"NO, NO, NO!"

I stand up swiftly and back away with my hands in the air.

"Okay, okay, no helping."

I walk away from her and head to the bathroom to take a shower. After taking a shower, I went to grab my clothes from the hamper. Diara told me to put it in yesterday, but they were nowhere in sight.

I grasped onto my towel tightly as I desperately searched for my clothes. After a few minutes, I ran my hand through my hair as I gave up and sat down on the edge of the tub.

Right as I began to feel frustrated, I heard a light knock at the door. I know that knock. I cracked the door open to see Diara with a guilty face and an oversized hoodie with some basketball shorts that clearly aren't hers.

How did she know I needed clothes? Confused, I opened the door wider. Diara's eyes dropped from my face to my chest as a blush rose onto her cheeks and ears. I hesitantly grabbed the clothes that she was now hugging against her body as I pretend to not see her checking me out. Once I slipped the clothes from her grasp, I mumbled a thank you before going back into the bathroom.

After shutting the door, I locked it and began to get dressed and do the rest of my morning routine. Once I'm finished, I head back to Diara's room to give her oversized shirt back only to find the room empty.

I could hear movement downstairs and talking, which gave me the impression that she was probably downstairs with her mom or dad.

I decided to just place the shirt in her dirty hampers bin, but as I went to close her closet, I noticed something lying on the floor. It looked like one of those pictures she had dropped this morning. One must have slid under here.

I picked it up only to stare on in horror. It-It-It was a picture of ME. It was from last night while I was sleeping. Did she not sleep? Did she stay up all night watching me and taking pictures.

My skin crawled as I realized that those other pictures I saw on the floor could have been of me as well. No, I'm getting ahead of myself. Maybe she just wanted a picture of me to add to her photo album. She did always love to take pictures of a moment. She found it more interesting to capture a moment where people are simply enjoying their time rather than having everyone face the camera and yell cheese.