Chapter 11

TW: Gore

Class finally ends. Home ec usually only last for around 20 minutes but with Chantel and Aimiah being there that 20 minutes felt like hours.

I sigh as I quickly pack up my stuff while Aimiah and Chantel argued for the 10th time this morning.

"I'm just saying, the broken heart near your eye is rather tacky."

Aimiah scoffed as she belittled Chantel. I took notice of how Chantel's patience was at its limit. Her face was scrunched up as she practically growls at Aimiah.

"My heart isn't tacky bitch! It is a meaningful symbol that YOU wouldn't understand. What would you know about getting your heart broken? All you do is sit around all day and abuse the power your bitch of a mom gave you."

My right eye twitched slightly as Aimiah let out a loud gasp. Her offended look encouraged me to pack my bag faster than before. Once I'm done I quickly stand up and bolt out of the door. Aimiah's distant yells of my name could be heard as I rush through the halls.

Once I feel that I am far enough from them I slow down and release a breath I didn't know I was holding in. As I walk down the hall I feel a hand wrap around my bicep, yanking me into a dark room.

The pull was enough to knock me on the ground as I hear the door lock. My breathing picks up as I panic and crawl to the nearest wall. Is this the person that was watching me? It can't be, I would have felt them watching me before getting yanked in here.

As my mind was sent into overdrive footsteps creaked closer toward me before-

"Y/n"

I jump as I recognize that voice.

"SHAE?! WHAT GIVES? YOU SCARE THE HELL OUT OF ME!"

I hear Shae let out a giggle as she turns the lights on. I look around with my hand against my racing heart. We are in a supply closet. Why would she bring me here? Why did she feel the need to yank me in rather than just asking to talk to me?

Shae's face shifted from amused to concern. Bending down to my level she looks at me worried.

"Sorry. I didn't know I would scare you this much but I really needed to talk to you."

My eyes narrow at her before I spoke.

"Why didn't you just ask? If you would have just told me you needed to talk to me I would have willingly come here with you. For elite's sake, you have my number. You could have just texted."

I went on an angry rant while Shae kept calling my name. Before I know it my head is snapped to the side. My jaw drops as I turn back to Shae, who looked as equally shocked as me.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry. You were rambling and I didn't know how to stop you."

Shae kept apologizing for a little more until we both eventually calmed down.

"So what do you need to talk to me about?"

I said after catching my breath. I rub my cheek as Shae fully sat down from her squat position and scooted closer to me. She looked nervous.

"I-there-this town-ugh."

She struggled to get any of her words out. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath before speaking again.

"Yesterday I went to take a walk by the bay when I notice a slight glow in the water. I decided to swim over to take a look next thing you know I'm swimming right into a wall. I think it was some sort of invisible barrier that had a slightly purplish hue to it."