Chapter 15

My tears mixed into the blood, gliding down my cheeks from Evelyn's claws. I continue to run, getting faster and faster as I go. The wind harshly hits my face as I take a sharp turn at a corner before knocking into Diara.

She looked....confused? Shocked? I honestly couldn't tell. As she slowly raised her hand to my cheek, I couldn't help but flinch. Her fingers barely glided across my skin before she brought her hand back to her side.

With a pout, she carefully grabbed my hand as she guided me further into the neighborhood. As we continued walking in silence, I began to recognize where we were going. In a flash, me and Diara were standing in front of her house. I grew nervous as she gently dragged me towards the front door.

The door busted open with an older woman ready to greet us. She immediately pulled Diara away from me, and she took her into her embrace.

"Where have you been?! We've all been worried sick!"

Diara closed her eyes as she relaxed into the woman's arms. She whispered something into the woman's stomach. I couldn't hear what she said, but whatever was said caused the lady to pull back from the hug. In one swift motion, the lady lifted Diara's head with her hands, bending down to her height and placing a sweet kiss on top of her forehead.

My lip twitched slightly as I watched the scene unfold. I miss my mom. A single tear slid down my bloody cheek as I screw my eyes shut while gritting my teeth. I hate this town, I hate Aimiah, I hate Chantel, I hate the Elites, and most of all, I HATE Evelyn.

My hands bawled into a fist as I trembled slightly from the amount of rage building up inside me. Why do we take this abuse of power? The rebellion is right. The Elites are sick. They don't care about protecting women and punishing the bad men in the world. They only care about their next meal and remind us of the power they wield in the palm of their hands. What if I-

"Y/n?"

Diaras' meek voice broke me out of my thoughts. I look at her to show that I'm paying attention. She smiles.

"This is my mom. Mom, this is y/n a- uh- childhood friend of mine."

Mom?

"What happened to Mrs.-"

"This is my mom y/n."

Diara's voice sounds more strained as her smile falters. Her 'mom' senses the tension and breaks it up with a warm smile. She leaves Diara's side and pulls me into her warm embrace before stating that she's a hugger. I stand awkwardly as she pulls away and leads us both inside.

Once we are inside, two small boys run by before stopping as they notice Diara.

"Sis!"

They both yell out at the same time as they jump onto Diara, knocking her small body onto the floor. I stood confused. Diara doesn't have siblings. Confusion continues to overtake me as a man walks into the living room wearing a baby blue apron.

"Boys, get off your sister and go wash up for dinner."

The excited boys awe before running off to do as they were told. The man walks over to Diara's 'mom' before planting a gentle kiss on her lips. Diara stares at them longingly before looking back at me with an unreadable expression gracing her face.

Author Note: I just wanted to let yall know that ROYAL OBESSION has been published and its starting out with 5 chapters. Go and read it.. or don't it's really up to you. Now, onto the story!

"Nice to meet you. I'm Diara's dad."

I noticed that the man was talking to me. I stared at him before speaking.