Chapter 5

"Y/n wake up"

I feel someone shake my shoulder lightly as they coo in my ear. I open my eyes coming face to face with Aimiah. Our noses practically touching. I let out a slight shriek as I try to back up further into the locker with no avail.

"Relax y/n, I'm not going to bite you" Aimiah roles her eyes at my behavior.

"I don't know, I'm pretty sure snakes bite. Especially the venomous ones." I narrowed my eyes at her as I try to become one with the locker.

She glares at me only to suddenly change that spiteful stare into a "sincere" smile. "Well since you like calling me a snake I guess I have to accept my role as one."

Confusion overtook my face until I realized she was re-closing the locker. "WAIT! I'm sorry, ok" I spoke with my voice slightly quivering.

I'm not going to lie, in this moment I wanted to cry. Every day on this island town has been nothing but hell. I lost my family, my friends, my life. Everything stripped away from me at such a young age. I can't stand it here, I just want to leave but I can't.

Aimiah noticed how I was on the verge of tears and opened the locker fully once more with a blank expression adoring her perfect face. I looked up at her in shock as she suddenly grabs the front of my shirt collar pulling me up and flush against her body. She's not as tall as Chantel but she is still taller than me by a few inches forcing me to face plant into her breast.

"I wasn't actually going to do that to you. Who do I look like, Chantel" Aimiah whispers in my ear as she hugs me tight.

I couldn't help but chuckle slightly at her statement as a blush arises on my face due to our position. Although, Aimiah is no where near a good person atleast she has a limit that she isn't willing to go over unlike a certain person we know.

I started to feel a bit better so I go to back up out of the hug only for Aimiah to hold on to me tighter.

"Uh, Aimiah, you can let go of me now" she responds by holding me even tighter than before.

"Seriously Aimiah you're hurting me" I spoke with my voice sounding strained from the lack of air as I looked up at her.

Aimiah stared down at me with a raw unknown emotion in her eyes. It felt like hours staring into her eyes when in reality it was only a few minutes. With a soft sigh she let's go of me and looks away. The tips of her ears visibly turning pink as she reaches her hand out towards me while still looking the other way.

"School is over, we should probably get going. I'll walk you home".

I look at her in awe, haven't seen that much color in her pale complextion before. It's amazing how even the pink on her ears seems almost as dull and muted as her skintone. In fact, her blush almost looks like the paint color, stone pink. Either way, compared to her corpse like skin, the pink color pops beautifully.

It must be because of her mother's genes. Her mother is rather dull compared to the other four elites after all. She isn't really known for having the most colorful palette in the world.

I connect my hand with Aimiahs in slight hesitation. Once our hands intertwine Aimiah begins to pull me out of the school as I finally take notice of how we are the only ones here. Well, accept for the few teachers walking around but they don't seem to care that we're here still.

As we make it outside I let go of Aimiah's hand. She comes to a stop and turn towards me with an upset expression.

"You don't have to walk me home. I can get there on my own."

"B-but you took my hand. That means you want me to walk with you." She mutters as she looks at me, her empty hand, then back up at me.

"I know but I don't know how to feel about you walking me home. I wouldn't want you to be late getting back home to your parents."

If I'm being honest I could care less if she's home late or not. I held her hand as an act in the moment, I didn't actually think she was going to walk me home. Besides, I don't know if I can trust her. We aren't kids anymore. She has changed and so have I.

"It doesn't matter. Father can stand to wait for my arrival and mother can care less about where I go just as long as I come home afterwards. Also what if you run into Chantel? What if..." Aimiah continues to rant under her breath making it difficult for me to hear her.

Why does she want to walk me home so bad? She sounds worried about Chantel attacking me but we both know that Chantel lives across the street from her in the gated hillside area. So she can't be concerned of Chantel getting to me when they both live on the opposite side of town.

Maybe she is worried that I'll get jumped by the rebellion. On the other hand, the sun is still out and the rebellion only really works at night. Wait, why would she be worried in the first place? Maybe she's tricking me. She has lured me into a false sense of security only to pull the rug right from under me multiple times before. Who's to say she won't do it again.

I feel a soft dainty hand get a hold of my arm. Aimiah yanks me towards her with a rather angry look formed on her perfect face.

"We're walking together y/n, whether you like it or not." She spoke as her grip tightened around my arm.

I stood in slight shock not use to Aimiah losing her composure so easily. Aimiah isn't all that strong so i could easily pull my arm away and refuse her but her and Chantel are "friends" at the moment and I have seen Aimiah sic Chantel on people she doesn't like whenever they are working together. What if she has Chantel beat me up or worse?

Aimiah is also capable of lowering my rank even lower than it already is. If she goes through with it I could be sent off to the breeding farms, the slaughter house, or sold to serve under a higher ranking female. Aimiah can even strip me of my female title and have my assets removed.

I shudder slightly at the thought. I nod slowly towards Aimiah as I realize it would be wise to not defy her.

In an instant, Aimiah's anger vanishes and she begins to smile another sickening sweet smile. She starts to pull me towards the way of my neighborhood.

"Good, I would have hated to do something I know I would regret. You are my clumsy yeti after all. The last thing I want is for something to happen to you" she says in a really kind tone that feels more ominous than reassuring.

Guess she's walking me home.