Chapter 19

TW: Blood, Death

"What do you mean you lost her?!"

"We're sorry, Mrs. Silvercrest."

I groan as I rub my hand against my pounding forehead. Of course, y/n got away that girl was always a slippery one to keep in check. Although as much as I hate to admit it, I do enjoy the chase. Ugh, I sound like an animal.

"Leave."

"B-but my elite, I am sure we could find her and br-bring her back if you give us o-one more chance. This is Midtown afterall h-how far could she have possib-"

"I said, LEAVE!"

With that, the female soldiers scamper off like rodents in search of cheese all the way out of my sight. I sit back down in my throne as my fellow elites dismiss everyone in the altar, leaving us and our daughters alone in the wooden structure.

"I was really hoping to eat today, but noooo your daughter's stupid toy had to go and make a mockery of us."

I glared at Valerie as her shrieking voice nagged at me. I swiftly grabbed her by the throat yanking her face towards mine as my claws embedded themselves into her skin.

"I think you have forgotten who is on top. Need I remind you."

She trembled while I squeezed her face tighter as a sickening crack echoed from her jaw, making a smile form on my face.

"Besides, the only one who let her get away was you. That incompetent group you call soldiers belongs to you. Therefore, you are responsible for her escape. If my gaurds were on the case, believe me when I say y/n wouldn't have even made it back to the boys' cage before being caught and brought to me. Train your runts, Valerie."

With a gulp, she stuttered out an 'of course' before I finally let go. Blood seeped from the holes in her face as I could hear her jaw re-structuring itself. The holes closed up soon after her jaw repaired itself before Valerie wiped the blood off her face and pouted.

"You don't have to be so serious all the time, Evelyn."

I rolled my eyes at her quiet remark before snapping my fingers.

"Tati, bring me my husband. Appears I have a use for him yet."

Tati nods before disappearing in a black smoke only to reappear a minute later with Tony. He frantically looks around before setting his eyes on me and quivering in fear.

I scoff under my breath as he trembles and weeps. It used to be funny, but now it's just sad. Is it so hard to have a partner that loves you, obeys you, and caters to your every need. It is three simple things. What is so difficult about it?

"Dear, glad you could join us. Unfortunately, y/n has escaped and took a woman's pet with her. It would appear she has yet to learn her lesson, but I assure you it will be dealt with accordingly."

Tony bows as he glances at our daughter, then back at me.

"Of course, but erm why am I here?"

I raise an eyebrow at his stupidity. I'm really starting to regret claiming this man as mine. I have been looking to find me a new lover, but I have yet to think of one that fits my standards....well, there is one but...no. Alas, I would have to wait longer before I can get a new pet to replace this one.

"I know you keep in contact with Vincent. Where. Is. He?"

His eyes widen in realization. He must really have taken me as a fool. As if I wouldn't notice, he keeps in contact with Valerie's lost husband.