Chapter 18

NEW ERA FOR THE WIZARDING WORLD: WHY HADRIANA POTTER-BLACK, ‘THE-GIRL-WHO-LIVED’, WILL CHANGE OUR SOCIETY FOR THE BETTER.

Article by Rita Skeeter, journalist, August 1992

Everyone knows who she is; Hadriana Potter-Black vanquished the most feared Dark Lord since Gellert Grindlewald on Samhain night in 1981. Since then she has been known as ‘The-Girl-Who-Lived’, but that is not all she will be known for.

This August, Lady Hadriana Potter-Black stunned the Wizengamot by claiming her ancestral seats and two more that were unexpected. Not only is Hadriana Lady Potter and Black, she is also the Lady and Head of thought to be extinct houses of Peverell and Gryffindor. And in true Hadriana fashion, she took the Wizengamot by storm when she revealed that her illegal magical guardian and proxy, Albus Dumbledore, used her twenty – yes, dear readers, twenty – seats to vote on legislation and bills she does not agree with and has demanded be reviewed.

One bill that Lady Potter-Black focused on in her first Wizengamot session was a Werewolf Rights Bill; said Bill was actually a thinly, well hidden law to ensure that all werewolves should be registered, tagged, and watched closely. Rather than giving werewolves more basic human rights, the Bill turned out to be something more like imprisonment and slavery.

Lady Potter-Black passionately stated to the stunned adults: “If we allow this Bill to stand, for werewolves, for human beings to be registered, chained and collared like animals we are no better than Grindlewald, Hitler, and Voldemort himself. Before these laws, these restrictions were put in place, there were barely any werewolf attacks but now they’re treated like rabid animals and refused well-paying jobs just because they turn into a wolf once a month they cannot afford proper housing to stop such attacks! It’s common sense!”

Shortly after Lady Potter-Black’s impassioned speech the bill was thrown out by Chief Warlock Ogden and other bills with ‘werewolf’ in the title were set for audit and review.

Hadriana Potter-Black has surely shaken our world up throughout the year since her return: from being sorted into Slytherin when many believed she would be a Gryffindor like her parents, befriending children of suspected Death Eaters, being a proud Parselmouth, and being adopted by Lord and Lady Malfoy...there is only one thing I can say: Hadriana Potter-Black is going to change our world for the better.

****

HADRIANA POTTER-BLACK DISCOVERS FABLED CHAMBER OF SECRETS AND STATES THAT SALAZAR SLYTHERIN'S WISH FOR MUGGLEBORN'S TO DIE AS ‘FALSE.’

Article by Rita Skeeter, journalist, October 1992

In latest news about everyone’s favourite pre-teen saviour, Hadriana Potter-Black, she has once again stumped us all. Not only did she discover the legendary and long-believed mythical Chamber of Secrets built by the equally as legendary Salazar Slytherin, she has proven that Slytherin's doctrine of ‘all muggle-borns must die,’ is indeed false. 

After discovering the half flooded mythical chamber, Hadriana states that she also found a sixty foot Basilisk that once belonged to Salazar Slytherin himself. Also found in the chamber was a study that only a Parselmouth could open.

“The study is full of old books written in Gaelic, Old English, and Parselscript. I also found a portrait of Salazar Slytherin himself and had a chat with him, and he got really angry when I asked him if he’d really wanted all muggle-borns dead because of their “impure blood.” Hadriana told me yesterday after taking me on a tour through the Chamber while the basilisk was hunting in the Forbidden Forest.

“And what did Lord Slytherin have to say?” I asked, absolutely amazed.

“Well, Salazar said that during the time he, Godric, Rowena, and Helga all decided to build Hogwarts it was a place of safety for witches and wizards being persecuted by muggles that believed us to be agents of the devil. Salazar was weary about informing muggle-born’s parents about their abilities because of how bad the Witch Hunts were; he thought it’d be best to keep their children’s magic secret.”