Chapter 1

"V is dead Jennie"

The Kim family for many years had been the one in control of the small community surviving in the suburbs of Seoul. Generation after generation the Kim alphas ran businesses ensuring their kind could continue living in peace. But soon things were about to change.

"WHAT? NO YOU'RE LYING! WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED DAD?" Jennie's voice echoed through his office.

"Jennie calm down sweetheart"

"YOU TELL ME MY BROTHER IS DEAD AND I'M SUPPOSED TO BE CALM! TELL ME WHAT FUCKING HAPPENED?"

"V got in trouble with a few deals we had and they trapped him..."

"What deals? Who trapped him?"

"My dear I can't tell you exactly what happened. Our family is very vulnerable now that V is gone. It won't be long till they come after us."

"Why the fuck would someone come after our family dad? Do you or V had blood in their hands?" Even though Jennie never got into the family trading business she knew that not everything about it was legal.

Mr. Kim remained silent and prepared himself for what was to come once he revealed his plan to his fuming daughter. Since his only son took over he left everything to his defenses and now he was trying to fix the mess he left behind.

"Listen to me Jen. You must be mated, the sooner the better."

"You better be fucking joking."

"Our community still has rules that we must follow Jen. What do you prefer getting kidnapped in the middle of the night by some ragged alpha and we never get to see you again?"

Jennie was dumbfounded. She as well aware of her omega nature but she had hoped in this modern age she wouldn't have to endure forcefully being mated to a stranger. She had dreamt of expanding her small fashion art gallery or even take things a step further writing articles and attending fashion shows all around the world. While her brother was alive she had built her hopes up that she could mate with an alpha or even beta that she met in a more traditional way. Meet, get to know each other, date and then mate.

"I'm doing everything for your safety Jen you realize that right?" Mr. Kim said holding his daughter's hand. Jennie was in tears as what her future was going to look like started to sink in.

"I bet you already have someone in mind right dad?" Jennie challenged.

"Lalisa Pranpriya Manobal" Jennie held this puzzled expression but truth was a slight shiver run through her spine. "She's Marco's daughter."

"Wait she must be a beta or else she would have challenged V..."

"Not exactly... We made a deal with her father for some trading benefits with the condition that V remained the alpha of alphas in our pack. You're meeting her tomorrow." Mr. Kim explained.

Unable to control her rage anymore Jennie stormed off trashing a few items in the house. She cried herself to sleep that night grieving both the loss of her beloved brother as well as her freedom. The following morning a strange scent tingled her nose and moments later her mother was heard knocking on the door. With heavy steps she opened the door and immediately fell into her mother's embrace sobbing. She was the only person she let herself be vulnerable around.

"I know sweetheart, you have to stay strong. You will be fine I promise you, I wouldn't let your father do this if it wasn't safe."

"Ma I'm scared."

"Never forget all the things I taught you Jennie! We omegas hold a lot of power. Yes?"

"Yes eomma."

"Now you need to get ready they are waiting for you downstairs."