Chapter 8 (M)

"I wish we could stay a few more days here." Jennie said with a sad voice as they put their luggage in the car.

"Me too love. Unfortunately I need to get back to work I'm sorry. I promise you we'll come here again." Lisa said hugging her.

"I understand hon. I really loved it here and spending time with you. Thank you."

"Anything for my mate. I know you get bored in the house, but the business has gotten complicated now that our families are working together."

"Well now I have some inspiration to start designing again. But... It's the first time you mentioned working with my father." Jennie couldn't help but question Lisa's and her family's motives. So far she was told that them mating was primarily for safety reasons.

"I don't want to lie to you Jen." Lisa looked skeptical. "Both families can benefit from us working together. The business though has nothing to do with us mating." Lisa caressed Jennie's mating scar.

"Ok..." Jennie clearly wasn't satisfied with Lisa's answer but she didn't feel like ruining the perfect mood the last three days in the forest had set. So far she had learned to trust her mate but something felt off and she was being kept in the dark.

The following weeks fell into a familiar casual routine for the two of them. It was a Saturday evening and both families were invited at the annual gala of their pack. Jennie insisted she got ready at her parent's house with Jisoo and have Lisa pick them up.

"How's things going with Lisa?" Jisoo asked head half buried inside Jennie's old closet.

"Honestly so good it's getting scary."

"What do you mean Mandu?"

"I just... I'm not sure how I feel..."

Jisoo retrieved from the closet to take a sit next to her best friend on the bed. She remained silent giving time to Jennie to open up when she felt ready.

"I'm starting to like her in general not just as a mate, but I'm yet unaware of her motives."

"You don't want to trust her?"

"She hasn't given me a reason not to..."

"I understand but I'm sure your instincts will tell yeah? Now let's get you smoking hot so Lisa can't wait to mount you!"

"CHUUUUUUU"

The two friends got ready in fit of giggles and teasing each other. Jennie decided to wear a red colored gown with thin straps that showed off her neckline including Lisa's mating bite. She found herself feeling giddy knowing she'd walk around with Lisa proud of her mate and completely secured.

She walked to her mother's bedroom seeking her warm and calming words of wisdom.

"Eomma?"

"Oh sweetheart you look absolutely beautiful my darling. We might have to tie Lisa up to control her tonight!" The older omega teasing engulfing her daughter in a tight enough embrace careful not to mess up her outfit. Her mother's hugs never failed to calm down Jennie's worries.

"What's the matter my pup?" Jennie's thought clouded face gave away her distress.

"Remember that nightmare I've had since I was a kid?" Mrs. nodded. "I think one of them are Lisa."

"The one's who attack you?"

"No, the one that comes at the end to save me. When we were in the woods a few weeks ago something happened and Lisa had to transform into her wolf form and she was exactly the same. Like the way her eyes looked at me was so intense I was paralyzed."