Chapter 10

Previously

"Lisa I'm not sure about this... It's too risky."

"It is, but she needs to know. Jennie's far too smart to keep her in the dark."

"Smart and stubborn."

"It's getting extremely difficult for me to lie to my mate."

"Hm... Your mate. I still have my doubts about you Lisa, but I must admit so far I have zero complaints."

There was a moment of silence in the private room of the restaurant reserved for the two alphas.

"So how is married to my sis-"

"Y-you..."

Their talk was interrupted by Jennie who had just entered the room.

"Hello sister"

"V!"

Seconds later Jennie's small frame collapsed of the soft carpet as the Omega lost consciousness before Lisa could reach her side. When Jennie opened her eyes slowly gaining her senses back, she met Lisa's brown orbs filled with concern. The Alpha helped her mate get up on her feet and guided her to the table handing her a glass of water. Jennie's hands quivered as she brought it to her lips and downed almost all of it in one go. V silently stood by their side.

"Someone better start talking before I loose my cool." Jennie said shifting her attention towards the two alphas.

"Jen baby maybe we shou-"

"SHUT UP AND TELL ME WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!"

"Jennie calm down. I'll explain everything." V despite the situation was rather calm as usual. He always seem to be calm and collected, nothing like his sister.

"Explain what V? That you are alive? That you lied? The mess I assume you got your self in?"

"It's not a mess Jennie. The life dad had destined for me was never what I wanted. Leading the pack, the business and all that was his plan."

Truth was there were plenty of heated arguments in the past between V and their father. Jennie was never involved in the family business so it was hard to understand what the fuss was about. She always took it for granted, since V was the Alpha of the pack, that he was the one to take over but she never took a moment to wonder what were her brother's aspirations.

"And how is faking your death the answer to it V?"

"I had to protect my mate."

"Y-your mate?" Jennie asked surprised.

"For a very long time we've kept our relationship secret. But now it's impossible to hide and mainly very dangerous. Erasing me off the map was the only solution."

"All I'm hearing still is half the truth V." Jennie said crossing her arms in front of her chest giving her brother a challenging look.

"Six years ago I was abroad on a business trip. We had been negotiating with Cornel Exports in order for the pack to have access to the port which would be of huge benefit for us. After a dinner meeting Theo, Cornel Jr., had the fine idea we went to an exclusive high-end strip club for private members only." V paused his narration recalling the event and smiling to himself.

"The moment the lights went on and she appeared on stage it was over. I imprinted on her the moment our eyes met. I knew she was my destiny and nothing was worth keeping me away from her."

"You imprinted on a random stripper? How is that even possible V?" Instead of the puzzle pieces finally making sense Jennie was still genuinely confused.