Chapter 2

"Something feels off Chu. My brother was killed and everyone is acting like nothing important happened. Next thing I know they tell me I have to get married because me including our family is in danger."

"YOU HAVE TO WHAT?" Jisoo yelled almost dropping the plate of food on her lap. The two childhood friends decided to eat breakfast in Jennie's room so they could talk freely.

"The congress won't allow my father to take over the pack again because he is to old, so in order for our family not to loose it's status I'm going to be wed to this Manoban alpha girl."

"Lisa?"

"You know her?"

"I've heard about her..." Jennie glared at the raven haired beauty. "Listen all I know is that she is not one to mess with. She has been running successfully a lot of businesses in Seoul the past years. It's probably the reason your father chose her."

"He said they used to have a deal so she wouldn't challenge V as an alpha and now she wants her to be my mate. This doesn't make sense Chu."

"Jendukie I doubt they would risk your safety especially mama Kim."

"She told me the same thing. Can you like try and find some more details about her Chu? Please?"

"Ok, I'll try. Did you meet her? I've heard she's hot."

"Yes earlier this morning. She's annoyingly weird."

"Aaaaaand?"

"Nothing she just smells good..." Jennie admitted avoiding Jisoo's grin.

*Lisa's house*

Lisa couldn't hide her smile driving back home from the Kim's house. Jennie, her soon to be wife, was beautiful and her cat like eyes lit a fire in her chest. Walking in the house she found her mother Chitthip enjoying her tea sitting on the kitchen island.

"Hi mum" She said and pecked her mother's cheek.

"You look happy. It's been a long time since I saw a smile on you face."

"Can you blame me?"

"Pranpriya just enjoy this new beginning yeah?" Lisa only nodded.

"Yes ma. I'll go talk to dad is lunch ready?"

"You hungry pup I doubt Mrs. Kim didn't offer you any food."

"She did I just... I wasn't hungry then."

"You pup you were hungry for somebody else. I hope you behaved!" Chitthip said and pinched her ear.

"MA!"

Lisa's father was reading the news on his tablet cursing every once and a while struggling with the touch screen. Marco Manoban, a first generation beta, had been a successful businessman for many years making sure he took good care of his wife and two kids, Lisa and BamBam. He retired three years ago and now spends his time cooking in one of his restaurants. Lisa and BamBam were Chitthip's first litter as a mated omega and due to her ancestors Lisa was the first female alpha ever born in their pack. Not only female alphas were an extreme rarity but Lisa was equipped with male genet ilia meaning she had high changes of producing alpha offspring. Unfortunately, it made Lisa a target to other packs in Seoul and the Kim family knew Lisa could be a potential threat in the future. Marco also wanted to ensure his daughter's safety and accepted Mr. Kim's deal. Since it was impossible to mask Lisa's alpha scent, they convinced the congress that due to her father's beta genetic code she couldn't become the leader of the pack. Technically this was half true. Despite Marco's beta origins Lisa came from a royal alpha family back in her mother's homeland Thailand. Chitthip's pack was brutally attacked decades ago during a war with another herd and she was the only one who managed to escape. When Marco saw her trying to fish in the Ha-Dong River, where she had sought shelter, they imprinted and soon after mated. The most important part was that Lisa had royal blood running through her veins.