027

TWITTER

theswiftsociety
damon albarn and dylan minnette have been spotted in the vip tent!

user
um....

user
hold on a second

user
WHY IS THIS HOW I FOUND OUT MAGS IS RELATED TO DAMON ALBARN
user
did her last name not give it away? 😭

user
redemption arc i guess

user
aw supportive bf and dad 🥰🥰

— ♡ —

i run off stage into dylan's arms, smiling widely.
"you never fail to amaze me." he says, holding me tightly. i go to reply but see a familiar face in the distance, turn around and walk away as soon as i see him.
"can you give me one second?" i jog after him.

"bobby, wait!" i place my hand on his shoulder and he turns around, something was wrong.
"what are you doing here? i thought you were staying in new york?" his eyes looked down at me, and i could tell he was trying to hold back tears.
"can i talk to you?" he pleads, i nod and take his hand, taking him to my dressing room.

he sits down on my sofa and immediately starts to explain.
"i got a call from my dad yesterday, he started saying how they were suffering financially and was asking me for money. i had a big go at him because they've never been there for me and i haven't even spoken to them since we- in a long time and that they had no right to ask. they said if i don't give them the money they're gonna sell the house, our house. i don't know what to do i don't want to give them the money mags i hate them i don't want to do this."

he starts panicking, his breathing getting faster and faster.
"mags i don't know what to do i think i'm having a panic attack." i sit down in front of him, trying to slow his breathing down.
"it's okay, deep breathes. we're gonna sort this out, it's all going to be okay." i hug him tightly.
aurora walks past and looks at us confused as he starts to cry. i mouth at her to get my dad, she nods and rushes off.

a few minutes later my dad comes into the room, but i can see dylan following a few steps behind him. i get up and stand in the door frame, stopping him from walking in.
"what's going on, what is HE doing here?" dylan asks, getting pissed off when he sees bobby sat on the couch.
"dylan please, read the room. can you just give us some space for a bit?" i ask, trying my best to remain calm. he rolls his eyes and walks back to the vip tent in a huff.

"son, what's happened?" dad asks him, but he's too worked up to reply.
"his parents are being assholes and demanding money off of him. please dad he's not spoken to them in years they treat him like shit."
"and they said they were gonna sell the house, our house. dad i'm begging you to help him i can't lose that house, i love that house." i start tearing up as i explain everything. he pulls me into a hug.
"i'll handle it don't worry."

🐥bobby's pov

my phone rings on the table in front of mags and i, damon stood up next to me, as we call back the unsaved number belonging to my dad. my hands start to sweat with nerve every time it continued to ring, mags puts her arm around me trying her best to comfort me.

"have you rethought about our request?" i panic as a voice comes out the speaker. he doesn't even say hello, that's all he cares about.
"hi brian, i'm not sure if you remember me i'm mags' dad, damon." damon says, giving me a reassuring smile.
"i remember you very well, what is this?"
"i know you're struggling with money at the moment, but i don't think asking your son who you've not contacted in years for it is the right thing to do."
"you have no right to tell me what i should or should not be asking from my own son."
"your son wouldn't even have the money he has if he listened to your awful advice in the first place, what kind of parent doesn't let their kid follow their dreams." damon starts to lose his temper.

"well robert isn't a spoilt brat like your daughter, we couldn't afford for him have a improper job." mags is taken back by what my dad had just said about her. i knew they never liked her or any of the rest of our group, but he had no right to say that. i started getting really angry. she grabbed my clenched fist, reassuring me it was all okay.
"the fuck did you just say? it's her house you're threatening to sell, the only thing you did was sign the papers. you should feel lucky that i'm willing to buy it off you when it was never yours to begin with, that's the only money you're getting." damon picks up the phone and holds it closer to his mouth.

"that wasn't our deal robert."  he says to me.
"i don't give a flying fuck what your deal was with him, he's been more of a son to me than he will ever be to you. you either take it or leave it."

there's a long silence.

"i don't want a penny under the budget." brian replies.
"thank you."
"robert honey, i'm really disappointed you won't talk to us and handle this yourself." mum's voice speaks up, first sentence i've heard from her in years. i look down at my feet.
"you have no right to be disappointed with him mrs keating, you have NO idea how amazing your son is. you don't even have the right to call him son when you've never been there for him. we're done here." mags says frustrated, hanging up the phone.

"you okay?" she says to me, still holding my hand. i nod.
"thank you, for everything." i manage to give her a small smile.
"i'm always here for you bobby, i'll always look out for you. you're my best friend." she smiles back. my heart drops again.

aurora bursts through the door, handing her phone to me.
"WHERE THE FUCK IS ROB?" eli yells out over a facetime call.
"i'm here."
"WHERE ARE YOU? WE HAD AN INTERVIEW TODAY."
"eli calm down, he's in florida with us. can you give him a break? he's going through something i can reassure you is more important than an interview." mags says.

"okay fine, but you scared the shit out of us lad. one second you were fine the next minute you just walked off and took one of my dad's cars without saying a word!" i apologise and hang up, not in the mood to speak more about it.

"you took one of bono's cars?" aurora asks.
"um yeah."
"respect." she nods, walking out.

"you drove here all by yourself? why didn't you just talk to them about it? i'm sure josh would've known what to do." mags says concerned.
"they wouldn't understand it, not like you do anyways." i reply, looking into her eyes.

"son i can't let you drive all the way back to new york alone, i'll take you now." damon speaks up, making me remember that it wasn't just me and mags in the room. we both get up and mags turns to give me a hug. i hold her close to me, not wanting to go back without her.

"alright kid let's go." damon says, grabbing the car keys i left on the table. we walk out and damon goes to grab his stuff from the vip tent.
as we go to leave the stadium, i spot dylan and mags stood in a corridor talking. dylan's waving his arms about in anger as mags leans against the wall helplessly trying to defend herself.

if there was anyone i hated nearly as much as my parents, it was him.