039

TWITTER

joshjenkinson_
today we cancel aurora

user
why...?
joshjenkinson_
she didn't let me meet taylor swift
aurorafilms
i litch got her to sing ur fav song what more do u want from me
joshjenkinson_
TO MEET TAYLOR

🪲 maggie's pov

i can't believe i had been so idiotic to leave my notebook on display and forgotten to put it away, now it's nothing but shredded paper. i just didn't get it, why would anyone want to destroy all my hard work? who could hate me THAT much?

i realised it would've had to be someone in the house and suddenly i knew exactly who it was. catching my breath, i storm downstairs and hold up the shreds of paper to everyone in the living room. it was gone 11pm so the dads were all in bed.

"who did this? it's not fucking funny i spent so much time on these songs are you kidding me who the fuck did this?" i say angrily.
"mags oh my god what?" aurora gets up, holding her hand over her mouth before wrapping her arms around me tightly.

a small laugh escapes sophie's lips.

"you did this." i mumble, staring her down.
"what?"
"you did this, didn't you?" she laughs again.
"i don't know what you're talking about." she smiles, flipping the pages of her magazine. i could tell from her voice she was lying.

"you CUNT." i go to lunge at her before bobby gets up from his seat and stops me.
"mags. breathe." he puts his hands on my shoulders. i was unaware that i had been out of breathe and hyperventilating with all the emotions i felt.

i calmed down before looking up at him with tears dripping down my cheeks.
"she ripped up my book bobby."
"sophie wouldn't do that mags." he reassures me.

"are you thick?" i ask him genuinely, wiping my face. the room is silent with everyone staring at us, the only sound being josh opening his packet of ready salted crisps.
"excuse you?"
"can we talk?" i ask, gritting my teeth. he nods and follows me out the front door to the driveway.

he shuts the door behind him and turns to face me, standing underneath the porch light.
"mags i know she's not the nicest person ever but you've got to hear me out. she loves your music!"
"bobby oh my god she was lying! she literally only said that so you would be happy."
"you don't know that!"
"she said and i quote 'you need to stop writing all your songs about bobby you look desperate.'" i cross my arms.

"i mean..." he looks to the ground.
"are you having a laugh? i'm not stupid, i have listened to your discography." i laugh at him, i was not about to take any of his bullshit right now.
"you haven't given her a chance all summer!"
"she has HAD her chance alright she's a bitch bobby, you have seen how she treats me and the rest of the girls and you've done fuck all about it!"

it was true every time sophie had said something cruel to me or angel, flo and aurora; he had just sat there in silence with his head down.

"i know, i know, i'm really sorry i tried to ignore it and be a good friend to soph but.."
"what about me?! be a good friend to ME. please, i'm begging you." he doesn't say anything and just looks at me.
"and you're leading her on. you know that right?" he raises his eyebrows.

"what? no, we're friends."
"yeah that's not what shes been telling all of us for the past month." i reply, kicking the gravel beneath my shoes.
"what's she been saying..."
"well according to her, you dated in high school and have been a thing all summer." i say, being the one to raise my eyebrows this time. he exhales a laugh.
"we kissed one time in first year."

"well like i said you need to tell her this and stop leading her on. you saying nothing and doing nothing when she's being in absolute cunt isn't fair because she thinks she can get away with it and that you want her back."
"mags you're being a bit dramatic."

i step back from him.
"bobby you're forgetting that she literally destroyed songs that are so fucking personal to me and got me through the hell that was our breakup. she doesn't deserve my forgiveness for that and i will hate her forever."

"you know what i think? i think you're just jealous and are to stubborn to admit it."

that was it, i couldn't take it anymore. i had to tell him.

"FINE. what if i am?! what if i can't stand the thought of you having what we had with anyone else?! so what? what if i haven't stopped thinking about you i've wanted you back ever since we locked eyes in the academy back in february?what if i got back with dylan because i felt guilty over the fact i never wanted him as much as i wanted you? bobby i don't think i'll ever stop being jealous. i know i hate her but god sophie's stunning. she's everything i'm insecure about and i think seeing you with any other girl will make me feel insecure and i know that's stupid but you're the only person i could ever imagine being with. i- i don't think i ever stopped loving you."

water drips down my face, but i couldn't tell if it was tears or just the fucking rain. he stands there staring at me, deep in thought as he processes what i just said. a silence lingers for a couple of seconds, as i look sadly into his eyes. his gorgeous blue eyes.

"please say something." i beg, but he doesn't say anything. instead he does the last thing i expect him to do.

he kisses me.