040

i pull away from the kiss, his hands still in my hair.
"i uh-" i look down and bite my lip but his eyes don't move away from mine. he just looks at me, admiring me and holds me in his hands.

everything in me was telling me it was wrong. my brain was asking what i was doing, telling me to tell him no. tell him he can't treat me like this and then kiss me like it doesn't matter.

but my heart didn't want it to matter, my heart just wanted him. it's only ever wanted him. and now was my chance.

however i couldn't bring myself to do it. placing my hands on top of his, i push them off my hair slowly.

"it doesn't work like that bobby."  i look up at him, rain pouring down both our faces.
"why? why can't it? mags there's never been anyone else for me. i need you." he pleads.
"but-"

"not sophie, not the girl you thought i cheated on you with. no one. not a single person on this planet could come close to the way you make me feel."

"don't. don't say that. you're being mean."
"how am i being mean?"
"because i'm mad at you. and when you say stuff like that it makes it VERY hard to hate you. and i should hate you a lot right now."

"i know." he stands closer to me again, smoothly placing his hand next to mine and rubbing his thumb on the back of my palm. i flinch and take a step back, folding my arms in-front of me and hugging myself for warmth.
"you can't- you can't just kiss me and make it all go away."
"i'm sorry." i whisper, kicking the stones beneath my shoes. he waits for me to look up before speaking again.

"i love you, mags." 

"just stop!"

i couldn't walk back in the house, i could feel myself getting stressed out, my anxiety rising and my heartbeat increasing. i had to get out of there, so i did the first thing i could think of and turn away from him and storm off down the drive and into the countryside.

———————————————————————
joshjenkinson_ 13h

———————————————————————joshjenkinson_ 13h

—  ♡  —