Chapter Three.

Playboi Carti >>>> GOAT

''Family. Where life begins and love never ends''.

CHAPTER THREE.

Miles did his best to explain everything about Spiderman and his powers and everything that had happened over the past year to alternate Gwen. Fortunately, she listened with wide eyes.

''So, what you're telling me,'' she said finally, ''is that you were bitten by a radioactive spider which gave you powers and now you're some Spiderman, but the spider that bit you was actually from this dimension and you aren't supposed to be Spiderman and now some futuristic Spiderman is chasing you because he needs your dad to die because some stupid algorithm says so. And there's stupid hole-villain who wants to kill you''.

Miles blinked. ''Yeah. You got the gist of it''.

Gwen huffed. ''Well, you weren't lying when you said you had been through a lot''.

She paced around the room. ''What are you gonna do now?'' She asked. 

Miles shrugged. He had already escaped his evil twin. ''I need to somehow get back to my world to fight the Spot and prevent my dad from dying. The only way I can do that is to use a time-watch, which is now gone''.

Gwen frowned. ''What about a portal?''

''Excuse me?''

''Y'know,'' she mimicked an explosion, ''go back to your universe the same way the others came to yours. Using a portal''.

''Nah, that's too dangerous. Last time, it nearly destroyed the universe''. He stood up. ''But, you're right. I might find some answers at Alchemax''.

Gwen's eyes widened and she jumped. ''You're going to Alchemax? Take me too, take me too. Please?''

Miles laughed. ''Wow, someone's eager. Alright. But be careful, that place is dangerous. Last time I was there, I fought a villain that had octopus arms''.

''It's also where I found my first friend'', he thought to himself sadly. He still remembered the first time they met. Running from Olivia Octavius, Gwen had swooped in and saved them. That was when they'd truly bonded and become friends. 

He pushed the thought from his mind. He couldn't be distracted. 

He wore his mask. ''Time to swing,'' he looked back at Gwen, ''I'm gonna have to carry you, aren't I?''

Gwen nodded, grinning widely.

Miles sighed and smiled. ''C'mon then. Let's see how you like being swung''.

Miles leaned against a tree and stretched as he prepared to sneak into Alchemax.

As Gwen stood there clueless, he had a brief flashback of how he had experienced this with Peter, now the student had become the master. He smiled as he remembered Peter tearing off Miles's cape and charming Olivia Octavius.

''Uh, Miles,'' Gwen peered at the huge white building, ''how are you gonna do this?''

''Simple, young one,'' he said, ''I'm gonna sneak through the air vents until I find some useful information about how to get home. If I fall, I'll turn on invisibility mode''.

''Cool,'' she said, ''what do I do?''

''You're lookout,'' Miles tried not to laugh, ''very important job''.

Gwen pouted. ''Oh, come on. I told you about this place. The least you can do is let me help. Please?''

''Sorry Gwen,'' he said, ''if you get captured or killed, I could never forgive myself''.

''I'm not a kid, ok?'' she got up angrily, ''I'll do whatever I want and I want to come with you so I'll come with you''.

Miles took a step back, suddenly feeling scared of this young Gwen. She saw the look on her face and her anger melted.

''Oh Miles, I'm so sorry,'' she looked down, ''It's just .... everyone treats me like something fragile. No one ever gives me a chance. But now, you showed up and you're trusting me. The first person you met was me, and you immediately trusted me. I just wanna repay your trust''.

Miles's breathing calmed. He was worried this Gwen might be mad at him too. He was wondering whether he made the right choice, recruiting a variant of the girl whom he didn't want to see again, but there was no backing out of this now.

He needed help. And this was he world. She knew her way around.

''Alright,'' he relented, ''you can come with me, but no sounds. One squeak, and we get caught''.

Gwen smiled. ''You got it, Spiderman''.

Sorry for the short chapter.

I wanted to make a chapter about Miles and alternate-Gwen's sibling like relationship.

Like. Comment. Share. Follow. Repeat.

See you soon.

Z-