Chapter Nine.

''You don't decide what's good for me''.

CHAPTER NINE :

''Hi Miles, can we talk?''

Miles's brain took a minute to process what was going on. He stared at Gwen as other Gwen slowly stepped out of the room and closed the door behind her.

Gwen walked till she was around six feet away from Miles's face. She tried to look into his eyes but he was avoiding her.

''Miles,'' she said a little firmly, ''don't worry. I'm not gonna bite. I just wanna say that-''

''What?'' he said. His tone was cold but quiet. He never wanted to be in this situation but Gwen wasn't giving him much of a choice. ''What do you wanna say so badly that you travelled to a whole different dimension?''

Gwen frowned in surprise. ''Miles, are you ok-''

''Am I ok?'' Miles was so mad he laughed, ''yeah, yeah, I'm alright. After everything that's just happened, I'm swell''.

Miles stepped towards her. ''I just wanna ask you one question Gwen. One question. Why? Why did you do all of this?''

''I wanted to protect you, Miles,'' she choked as some tears started falling, ''I didn't wanna lose you like how I lost Peter''.

''So, you lied to me?'' he cried, ''you didn't tell me that I wasn't supposed to be Spiderman and I was a threat to the multiverse? Gwen, you're my best friend. You're supposed to tell me stuff like this''.

''I know,'' she whispered, ''I know. I should have told you''.

''Realizing it now doesn't help''.

''Miguel said your choice was right,'' he continued, ''what choice?''

Gwen gulped. 

''He told me if I didn't help him capture you, he would send me back to my dimension''.

''Then, what's wrong with that?''

''My dad''. Gwen told him about her encounter with her father and how she was afraid to meet him again after their last meet.

''So, instead of going back home, you try to kill me?''

''I wasn't trying to kill you Miles,'' she said, ''Honest. I didn't know Miguel would do all that. He promised he would talk to you''.

''Why even trust the guy?'' Miles couldn't help yelling, ''why even trust him. Just because he took you in out of pity and because you were cowardly to go back to your dad-''

''Cowardly?''

Gwen felt like she was hit by a brick. No one had ever called her a coward. Not even when she was too afraid to skydive with her father. He had encouraged her. He hadn't said anything about her being a coward.

But, Miles?

''I'm a coward?,'' she growled, walking towards Miles, ''are you seriously calling ME a coward?''