Chapter Twelve.

CHAPTER TWELVE:

As Gwen swung through the city, searching for Miles, she was high-spirited.

They were going for Miles. They'd find him and everything would be alright.

She still remembered his cold angry face, as he escaped, his brown eyes hardened like dark chocolate. She had never seen Miles like that, and it scared her.

Miles had shown that he had a dark side. A dark side that is easily provoked.

She never wanted to see Miles's full anger. She knew it would result in something bad.

Suddenly, her watch beeped. At the same time, the watches of Hobie, Peter, Pav, Noir and Ham beeped too.

Peter gave her a curious look. ''What happened?'', she asked.

They landed on a roof of a brown skyscraper. 

The beep turned out to be a message. From Miguel.

Miguel's head appeared as a three-dimensional hologram floating on top of Gwen's watch. He looked disheveled and exhausted. His eyes looked panicked. 

''What the hell do you want?,'' Gwen spat.

''Gwen,'' his voice was dry, ''I need you here. All of you. Now''.

''Like I'd do anything for you,'' she hissed, ''you destroyed my life''.

''I know, and I'm sorry,'' he said quickly, ''but I'm serious. Get back to HQ now. We've got a situation''.

Gwen's anger faded. ''What?''

''Spot isn't going for Brooklyn. He's abandoned the idea of killing Miles's dad''.

The news was like a brick hitting Gwen. The Spot wasn't gonna destroy Brooklyn? Then that meant...

Miles's dad wasn't gonna die. His canon had been disrupted.

''So, what's the problem?''. A horrible thought struck her, ''is his world alright?''

''Yes. His world is alright. But ours isn't''.

''What?''

''The Spot is here, Gwen. He wants to kill us. And he's got Miles''.