Chapter Nineteen.

.

''Love can heal you, and sometimes kill you''.

CHAPTER NINETEEN:

''Well?,'' Miles asked, a questioning look on his face as he leaned against the stone column, ''what do you need to tell me so bad?''

Gwen couldn't control her breathing. Her heart was beating fast. Faster than a racing car.

She had dreamed of this moment for months, but now? It had come true. Miles had forgiven her and they were friends again. They had defeated the Spot, with huge help from Miles's counterpart of Earth-42.

They had bade him goodbye and he had promised Miles that he would be better. More than just a dark brooding vigilante.

Gwen had also told Miles that they had safely returned the alternate version of Gwen back to her home. She had wanted to accompany them to the final battle, but they couldn't risk her dying. Besides, her mother was already pissed. They didn't wanna screw with her more than they wanted to.

She tried to say something to ease the awkward silence, but she just turned red and turned away. Miles caught a glimpse, however, and smirked.

''Okay, I see how it is,'' he chuckled, ''shy?''

Gwen blushed even harder. Why couldn't she maintain her composure around this kid? ''You wish''.

''Then,'' he walked over to her and touched her shoulder, ''what's up? Is your dad in trouble? Are you in trouble?''

''No, I'm fine,'' she looked up at him, her blue eyes looking at his deep brown ones.

''Then, what do you-''

Gwen pulled him in and her lips smashed on his.

Miles didn't really know whether he was a good kisser or not. He didn't generally go around kissing girls and asking them whether he was good or not. Now though, he just prayed his breath smelled good.

The kiss was totally unexpected, though. Miles was still reeling it in as Gwen kissed him. He couldn't think straight.

Gwen's lips dug into his, tasting like strawberries. He couldn't do anything except kiss back.