Chapter Seven.

''Anyone can wear the mask. You could wear the mask. If you didn't know that before, I hope you do now''.

CHAPTER SEVEN :

Miles woke up feeling dizzy. He felt a lot of that. He saw he was in a room. 

They were in the same cramped apartment where the Prowler, himself, had held him captive and tortured him. This was their hideout??

He sat up and saw a strip of gauze wrapped around his stomach. Judging by it's position and pressure, it might have been treated by someone who was anxious to be near him. Gwen maybe?

He felt tired even though he had been asleep for who knows long. His dad was gonna be murdered and the Spot was coming to wreak his vengeance on his world.

Judging by the Sun, it was still the same day. So, the Spot was gonna come to his world in around 24 hours. He had until then to find a way to get back home and save his father.

He didn't care whether Miguel or Spot killed him or not, his dad was not gonna suffer.

As he stood up wincing, a voice cried, ''MILES''.

He turned to see Other-Gwen standing at the doorway. Her smile was contagious. She ran up to him and hugged him. 

''Careful,'' he hissed. She pulled away. ''Oh, sorry''.

''How've you been?'' He asked. She shrugged. ''Your friends aren't half bad Morales''.

''Thanks....I guess'', he scratched his head, ''did they tell you anything?''

''Well, my other version gave me a tour of the place'', she said, ''bro, she's badass''.

Miles's smile wavered, ''Really?''

''Yeah,'' she noticed his smile drop, ''something wrong? Is it about Gwen? Something happened between you?''

''Nothing'', he said, his tone suddenly sharp. Gwen stepped back. 

''It's ... complicated,'' Miles sat down again and put his head in his arms, ''she was my best friend....''

Miles told the whole story about his complicated relationship with Gwen Stacy. 

How they had met.

How they had defeated Kingpin and his henchmen.