Chapter Sixteen.

''NO!! NO!!'

CHAPTER SIXTEEN :

''Leave him alone, tu pedazo de mierdo''

The other Spider people watched in complete fascination as a figure in purple dropped down a hole and started attacking The Spot.

Spot was completely taken off guard. ''Who the hell are you?'' he demanded.

The purpled figure stood up straight. His suit and weapon was purple. Gwen gasped silently.

''No way,'' she whispered, ''That's-That's the-''

''I'm the Prowler, bitch'', the voice was muffled and distorted, ''do not hurt my friend''.

Friend?

Gwen never knew Miles had a friend who was the Prowler. Or was he just calling himself Miles's friend to defeat Spot.

Spot rose. ''Friends of Spiderman can die too''. He shot a hole at Prowler who dodged effortlessly.

While, Prowler vs Spot was going on, Hobie nudged Gwen in a panic. ''Gwen, look''.

He pointed to Miles, who lay injured. He wasn't moving. 

Panic and fear took over Gwen. No. No, it couldn't be. No. 

She rushed over to her friend, whose eyes were closed. She felt his neck and gave a sharp sob. 

He wasn't breathing.

''MILES,'' she cried, ''No No No. Please no. Not again. Not again'', she cradled Miles's body.

Meanwhile, Prowler was weakened. Spot was more powerful than he had anticipated. He wasn't some big shot. He was the real deal. A real nemesis.

But, Prowler had some toys too. He tossed a smoke grenade toward Spot, who was blinded by the thick smoke. Using that to his advantage, Prowler attacked Spot, kicking and punching the villain until he was on the ground.

Spot looked up, chuckling. ''You've made me mad now, you''.

He started grunting in concentration. Prowler realized his whole body was glowing, his dark matter becoming more darker and more ... energetic.

He was making a bomb, using his own body as a huge nuclear bomb of dark matter.

''Even you can't protect them from me,'' Spot growled, ''I will kill each and every last Spider hero in the universe, even if it means I have to kill myself to do it. This bomb will destroy every world and every hero in it''.

Prowler thought fast. The whole universe would be destroyed if he let Spot explode.

He looked back at the others. He saw the young girl over his doppelganger's body, tears pouring out. He wasn't moving. No...