Chapter Eight.

''I can't lose one more friend''.

CHAPTER EIGHT :

Miguel was frustrated.

His only goal in life was to keep the universe balanced. To keep it from tilting and destroying itself.

He wouldn't go that far as to call himself a Spider-God, but technically speaking, he was one.

He was the only one keeping everything in check. And it was going great.

Until he came.

Miles Morales. 

The most stubborn person Miguel had ever met.

To be honest, Miles kind of reminded Miguel of himself in his younger days.

Happy.

Hopeful.

But then, the reality about being Spiderman hit Miguel. When he tried to replace himself in another dimension, he had learnt the truth.

That was his fate. He could never be with the ones he loved.

But, Miles was stupid enough to believe he could save his father and keep his world for dying.

He had to admire the kid's passion. 

But, he would learn soon enough.

He would learn what it means to be Spiderman.

The tragedy that comes with the happiness.

The loss that comes with gain.

Miguel sighed. He turned to look at Jess and Ben, standing behind him. 

''Let's go back'', he said, ''I don't think we'll find him. The kid doesn't want to be found. We'll stop him on his world when he goes to face the Spot''.

Ben frowned. ''How'd you know he'll be there?''

Miguel chuckled before entering the portal. ''It's Miles''.

Prowler Miles didn't understand anything that was going on. But, as he sat alone in his room, headphones on, he understood one thing.

In another universe, he was a hero. Not like him. A public hero whom everyone loved.

He had a life. He wasn't just stopping bad guys and brooding in his room.

Maybe, just maybe, his variant might have been right. Maybe he could be a good guy.

According to his variant, the Prowler on his world was Uncle Aaron, who had refused to kill Spiderman because it was Miles. His nephew.

The Prowler wasn't a bad guy. He helped whoever needed help.

Other-Miles required help.

So, the question was, should he help himself?

I know, I know.

This wasn't the chapter you were expecting.

The one you were expecting will probably come out in a few days, cuz I'm gonna be travelling back home.

Then when school starts, I'll be updating less and less frequently, depending on how much time I have.

Thanks to you all for getting this story to a thousand reads in only eight chapters.

This book will NOT get deleted and will be finished.

Love y'all.

XOXO

[ Yes, I'm a Weeknd fan XD ]